10. Parties on Tuesdays?

EDITED

On Thursday Frankie woke up because of the buzz of her phone, she didn't felt like talking to anyone at such cruel hours in the morning so she let it go straight to voicemail as she got ready, figuring she would look at it later.

She was eating cereal on the kitchen counter watching as her mom was choking on Harry's tongue when she decided maybe it was time to look at her phone; the text was from James saying he got a free day at work today and he was asking her if she wanted to skip class with him.

Of course the answer was yes.

So after giving her mom a goodbye kiss and leaving by the front door, she climbed up the white fence of the backyard and she silently sneaked her way up her bedroom window (that beforehand she left opened).

She entered her room immediately discarding her school bag in a corner and changing her clothes into a jean skirt and black tank top picking a cardigan on her way out because it could get chilly at night and she wasn't expecting to come back home until she was drunk or had sex because that's how normally things went with James.

She never really asked herself why he liked to hang out with her so much, it wasn't even a sexual thing because sure they could fuck but they still spent tons of time together doing other stuff like playing video games, getting high off their asses, going to the mall or to the skater park.

Sometimes Frankie felt that James was still a kid and somehow time had gone passed him. He didn't give a fuck about anything or anyone which made her feel uneasy sometimes, maybe he had like a dead sister or a girlfriend when he was 16 that looked like Frankie; that would make more sense that him actually wanting to hang out with her depressing ass.

James picked her up on the corner of the street in his white beaten down car, it was kinda shitty but he loved that fucking car and she wasn't going to argue with him.

This wasn't the first time that they have done something like this; Frankie was used to at least skipping two days on a school week. It honestly wasn't that hard, her mom never really paid attention and James was her ride when he wasn't with his other hoes.

They drove around town for what felt like hours, dropping by a little ice cream shop whose owner was a cute little old man name Kevin. Mr. K was nice, letting Frankie have extra sprinkles and James a bit more of chocolate ice cream that what was intended too.

"Out of all the combinations, all the flavours why vanilla and sprinkles?" James said when they sat outside the little shop, Frankie's fingers were sticky because the sun decided that it would be a good idea to show himself melting her ice cream along the way.

" Well I don't know, you have a problem with my ice cream choices?" She teased him licking the cone and giving James one of her famous smirks.

"Vainilla and sprinkles is iconic isn't it? You can't go wrong with that"she said shrugging her arms looking at the street and watching a bike go by.

" I mean if it's popular it's for a reason, don't try to be a hipster J it doesn't suit you" Frankie said licking her vanilla flavoured fingers.

"I never said it did..... you know fit me, I'm just curious that's it" James said playing with the paper napkin that was delivered to them with their order.

"I like sprinkles" Frankie mumbled continuing to lick her ice cream, she didn't care about James opinion- fuck him, vanilla and sprinkles was the bomb man.

"I know you do" James said caressing her hand and delivering the napkin that he was previously playing with, Frankie took it with her hand slowly inspecting it realizing that James made a boat for her.