18. Frankie's thoughts

EDITED

It was a gloomy Wednesday morning when Francis Howard started walking on the pavement, she heard the sound of leaves under her feet and the breeze on her hair.

She was freezing to say the least, but what did she expect wearing a tiny skirt and a thin cotton T-shirt?

It was bitterly cold and humid - such an enchanting combination, after a while Frankie gazed onto the distance seeing the low fog that was hiding the homes at the top of the street. She felt it- the cold morning breeze on her skin. It whisked heat away leaving her pale even though her blood was still running warm on her cheeks because of the previous events.

She let her mind wondered off for a second as she walked: she thought about the weather, her mom, the essay that she had to finish for tomorrow night, the presentation that she had to do with Louis.

Frankie thought about Amber and how she blowed Louis off to get into his birthday part and about James and how much of a fool he was for Mia and how much she loved spending time with him and well..... Matty.

She thought about Matthew Timothy Healy. Matty was something else, something she couldn't register and fuck she just wished things were different between them.

Frankie thought about it.

Maybe if she wasn't 16 and Matty wasn't Louis' brother, maybe if he wasn't a pop star and instead he was just some regular stoned guy and maybe if he wasn't dating a model and maybe if Frankie didn't have to hide in his room so that Gabriella didn't see her half naked body wearing her boyfriend's shirt everything would be in place but not now, now everything was just a shitshow.

Maybe it would all be different.

She let her mind think about it for a second, the notion calming her down, she thought about sleepless nights, beat up conversation and movie marathons: sci-fi, crime dramas, action.

She thought about five cups of tea in a morning and about how Matty's leather jackets, her ripped acid-wash jeans and dusty Bon Jovi tank tops would look great together on a closet: a closet she didn't have to hide in.

But that's wasn't going to happen, not now, not ever so she could forget it and move on before she started to actually start catching feelings. Frankie thought about calling James maybe a quick fuck would make her forget about his curls and how he smelled in the morning but considering the previous events that happened the night before she abstain from it.

She thought about going to school maybe some equations, physics homework and detention would make her forget about him but she honestly wasn't feeling like it.

So instead she decided of finding a cab and going home, her mom was probably on her yoga class anyway besides it's not like she would even blink twice if she saw her daughter coming home dressed like that after being gone the whole night.

Finding a cab wasn't as easy as she thought it would be but after about half an hour and a lot of whistling from passing drivers she was finally home. Her mom wasn't around just like she had expected so she decided to take a bath and clear out her thoughts.

She walked upstairs immediately onto her bathroom, she prepared herself a bath and before she knew it Frankie was sliding down into the water, letting it block out the sounds around her.

At that moment she wished the tub would expand so that she could go swimming like she used to on hot summer Sundays in the woods with her father back when she lived in Cali and her parents weren't divorced. Those days were a special treat, now all she had was gloomy mornings that smelled like pot and unraveling thought about some boy.

Ugh, she wanted to slap herself. 

She got out of the bath rather quickly after the water started to become colder. Frankie changed onto an old shirt and some sleeping shorts. It may had being not even past 2:30 pm but she was exhausted and all she wanted to do was sleep, also on her defense she partied til 3 am last night.

She was about to drifted into sleep when she heard the familiar buzz of her phone notifying her that a voicemail had been received and she listened to it immediately. "Hey Frankie... it's Matty. I just wanted to make sure you got home safe. I know you didn't have a ride and you had to go really quickly, am really sorry about all that. Sorry to bug you you're probably at school or some shit. Just checking on you thats all. Have a good day Francis." Her heart fluttered at the sound of his voice, and her lips expressed the slightest of smiles.

She had to admit she felt good , the fact that he had called to check on her made her feel something and it was nice to know someone other than Amber cared that she was safe even if it was probably all a joke and a game for him.

She was also aware that his voice caused more than a small chest flutter and just the thought of him made her squeezed her thighs together.

Nevertheless, nothing was going to happen between them.

xx

Hey it's Abby I hoped you guys enjoyed the chapter I know it's not that dramatic or over the top but I wanted to do something chill and I also feel like it was necessary that Frankie as a character shared how she was feeling about all this madness that is happening to her. Anywayyy hope you enjoyed it, have a nice day vote pleaseee and yeah bye. xox