7. DONT DO DRUGS KIDS

EDITED.

"Thanks I was born with both of them " Frankie said caught off guard, she wasn't used to that kind of compliments, she tried to hide her blushed cheeks with her curly blonde hair but it was impossible to hide, she felt like an utter idiot. For some reason she didn't feel like he meant the whole thing.

She was used to flirting with everything that moved and she understood him, it was almost like a game to him. Matty Healy was playing chess with her feelings and she hated the boiling bubbles that where emerging from her chest, he was moving peons with each comment.

"Fuck be careful" She didn't realize she stabbed him right in the eye with a glittery pigment filled brushed, Frankie was too busy trying to figure out how she felt about the boy with makeup and the lingering weed scent was filling her mind.

"I'm sorry" she whispered trying not to think of her shaky hands or how stupid she most have looked seconds ago. So instead of thinking too much about it she confined herself in the small task of her job carefully applying and fixing the mess she had just made when she poked Matty in the eye.

She noticed his face and him as a whole for the matter- moments before she noticed his imperfections but now it was different, Francis for the first time really observed him:

Matty Healy had a furrowed face covered in deep lines with small freckles; two on the side of his face to be exact, there was one above his brow and others scattered all over his features.

She almost felt like connecting the dots and making a constellation all over his face but that would make him look rather stupid wouldn't it? He had kind chocolate dilated poop colored eyes and shitty looking eyebrows; his hands were bitten, his cuticles bleeding and they were shaking not because of the cold but of something else. It took her a few minutes to connect the dots, the whole grandiose overconfident act, the runny nose, shaky hands....

"Go for it" she said after finishing applying his pink colored lip gloss.

"What?" Matty said, the whole makeup thing left him a bit sleepy and he wasn't really paying attention to the scholar in front of him, he was just thinking of the feelings that the brushes made against his skin.

"Go for it I can see your hands trembling you need it you probably won't have anywhere else to do it" she sighed cocaine wasn't her first drug option it was messy and reminded her of the 27 club but she wasn't an artist, the guy in front of her was so there wasn't really much for her to lose.

"I don't know what you're talking about" Mathew said looking down shaking his head making his curls bounce each time, this chick wasn't as stupid as he thought.

"Matty it's not the end of the world" She said rolling her eyes and strategically placing a hand on his shoulder.

"How did you know? " He asked rather anxious with a hint of insecurity in his voice, he wasn't used to people knowing that part of him, not even George knew he started sniffing coke again.

"Your hands are shaking, you have a runny nose I know an addict when I see one besides what type of musician would you be if you didn't do some type of stimulant; it's all part of the show isn't it ?"

She said with a half smile pressed on her lips, the truth is that she wasn't that stupid, well she was stupid, but Frankie could see how skinny he was, the cobweb of veins in his arms were prominent and his eyes were vacant.

Addictions weren't pretty, they weren't just a part of some Tumblr grunge aesthetic theme and she knew that but Francis genuinely didn't care about Matthew Timothy Healy so he could die of an overdose for all she cared.

She just met the guy and that wasn't her problem, honestly she was doing everyone a favor especially the magazine writers that would probably make articles about the new guy that was joining the 27 club or at least that was what she told herself.

"You're right I need this" he said; his small voice meeting with silence, they stayed quiet for what felt like hours- decades almost.

She saw and paid attention to his every move. He took a small clear bag from his back pocket. He did the lines in a mirror that Frankie used prior to show him how his make up was doing, when he finished doing said lines he stared at her and then back at his artwork.

"You want some?" He whispered.

She had tried coke once before with Amber on her basement and she remembers feeling the weight of the world being taken off her shoulders, it was very bizarre and she couldn't shut up about Mac de Marco after a couple lines. She remembered her nose becoming numb, as well as her throat feeling almost as if she had a bubble in the back of it.

"Sure" she said getting close up to the mirror placed on the table minutes before, she inhales a line remembering the feeling instantly. Matty inhale one too and they stayed there without moving- looking at each other.

"I don't know if it's the drugs talking but you're really pretty" he said getting off the table and moving close to her.

"It's the drugs" She said feeling a lot more dizzy than the first time she did this, but then Frankie remembered that probably what she just sniffed was a high quality stash- damn him and his money.

Matty moved closer to her and placed a hand on her hip making goose bumps rise up her spine. "My brother likes you" he said as a matter of fact whispering into Frankie's ear.

"Yeah I figured  "