31. Matty's house decoration skills

"Were did you find a plant pot like that?" Frankie asked looking at the small almost palm tree looking plant that was next to Matty's cozy warm coach.

She was sitting next to Allen that was on the other end of the furniture with bored looking eyes nibbling on a black pillow with expensive looking details, it looked like one of those pillows you would buy on the Gucci store for 400 quid when in fact you could find the same pillow in IKEA for £25.

"Haven't I told you? Sam makes them." He said as a matter of fact like if Frankie knew who the fuck was "Sam". She looked at him quizzically.

"It's my roommate" He explained. "Wait what?" Frankie panicked. "Since when do you have a roommate?" "Since forever. Why are you- ohh I see don't worry Sam is on a trip to Barbados he didn't hear you scream of pleasure yesterday" He concluded.

"Not that he would care" He whispered, almost to himself and Frankie decided to act like she didn't hear him. "So what's the deal with him?" She asked after he came back from  the kitchen with two mismatched mugs one of tea (Frankie) and one of black coffee (Matty).

"You're drinking coffee?" She noticed. " That's very American of you, you're pruning." "What do you mean?" He asked. " I don't know I can barely hear your accent at times and yesterday you said you appreciated me coming, that's very American"

"Yeah, I guess it is" He said sitting down next to her with Allen in the middle of the couple that wasn't really a couple, they just were a thing, an existing palpable thing.

"So the pots?" Frankie asked going back to the topic in hand. " Oh yeah, Sam makes then. He's really cool, I think you would like him, he's rough looking but he's an artist, he does all our artwork so yeah." He said moving his hands as he talked articulating each word, 'asshole' - Frankie thought.

"There is something about your house" She said after a while taking a sip of her barely touched jasmine tea. "It's warm even though London is always fucking freezing" He nodded. "I don't know I just like your house decorating skills it's very boho chic, i honestly would never have guessed in a million years you were this organized" He laughed. "Well considering the mess of unraveled thoughts that is my mind I like having my house organized"

"I like this" She whispered. "I wish it was always like this"  She was hesitant to say those words. "I mean I know I'm just a prudish 16 year old that just kinda flirts with everything that moves and can't make her mind up but I have my mind made up about you." He smiled, she was cute when she was flustered but he was also mildly annoyed at her antics and he was honestly getting bored of her love of him.

"Well honestly I don't know what you want me to do about it" He rolled his eyes, she felt how her heat fell to the pit of her stomach.  "Absolutely nothing" she stated with her chin high and her hands griping the now barely lukewarm tea.

She heard her phone ringing upstairs in the bedroom and thought it was best for her to go pick it up and get away from the now awkward situation, so with a small: "excuse me" she got herself out of the cozy warm brown coach and went upstairs opening Matty's bedroom door finding herself lost in the mess that they made last night.

A mess that didn't compared to the one that she had in her mind, at the end she found her phone almost dead with a coming call from Louis of all people. She thought of not picking up cause they weren't friends and she was barefoot on his 26 year old brother's flat wearing his shirt.

"Hello?" She asked almost confused but at the same time confident because she could hear his nervous breathing and that made her giggle.

"H-hi Frankie? Hey so you're coming today right? To my house? For the presentation I mean" He said rather fast.

Fuck Frankie had totally forgot about that, it was Saturday after all but honestly she felt like she couldn't see Louis right in the eye, not after fucking his brother the day before.

"Yeah I think-" She was suddenly interrupted by Matty entering the room abruptly. "Love, I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you. I wasn't thinking and I'm cranky cause I need a hit. What?" Matty asked confused by her shushing and sudden behavior, her eyes were almost falling out of her lovely face.

"Is that my brother?" Louis asked. "What no! Why the fuck would I be with your brother? Of course not! It-its James!!" She said after trying to shut Matty up and mouthing LOUIS so that he would stop talking. "Well I don't know I guess it just sounded like his voice" Frankie was holding her breath. "It was James! I mean you don't know him, he-he's my.."

"Boyfriend, yeah I know" Louis said rather sad and Frankie felt awful because she knew that he would feel worst if she told him it wasn't actually a James.

"I'll see you later. Ok?" She said not letting him finish and hitting the x button as fast as she could letting out a sigh. She faced Matty that was looking like he was waiting for an explanation.