46. Music 4 Cars

Frankie was too old to be living with Susan. She knew that. Frankie also knew that if she stayed she would end up taking care of Wyatt more than her own mother was and that wasn't fair but nothing really was anyway at this point. 

After school things changed. Her priorities shifted. The drugs and the parties didn't seem as appealing anymore. Frankie felt empty, she had always felt empty but this was different. Frankie felt like there was a knot on her throat that she couldn't swallow no matter how many bottles of wine she drank and how many pills she took. She could have all the detox tea in the world but her brain was still a mess. There must be something out there for her. 

In her dreams she imagined herself living in her own flat with soft rugs and obscure art. She imagined herself wearing face masks and sitting on her balcony drinking tea watching the cars go by. Listening to vinyl because even if she liked to act like she wasn't into it it sounded better than any CD. 

Frankie decided to move in with Frankie when she saw her mom passed out on her living room and Wyatt crying next to her. Susan was a mess, Frankie was a mess too but she was young enough were it was acceptable  Wyatt was crying so hard. She couldn't stand it and she wouldn't. 

Frankie was selfish and she was very much aware. She shouldn't have left her brother with her alcoholic witch-like mother but at this point it was too much to take in. Frankie was selfish and she wasn't at peace with it but at least now she was living with her best friend. 

Their friends helped them moved into their new apartment. Friends. Frankie never had friends before, she also never had a coffee pot or dishes that she absolutely needed to wash or anything that was absolutely hers. 

Everything was new and exciting. 

Sara and Rebecca were sitting on the living room trying to figure out how to assemble an Ikea table. Frankie rolled her eyes. Sara and R were either always arguing or fucking, it was quite impressive. Frankie wished she had someone to fight with, she could fuck anyone she knew that so that wasn't the problem but she was quite aware that she was alone on the love department. 

Frankie always thought that she was going to end up single, now she felt a hole on her chest every time she saw Amber and Gerard kissing. It all started that day that she saw Matty on that fucking bakery. The smell of muffing and cigarettes intoxicating her. She wanted to puke. 

"Frankie!" She heard Todd yelling from the kitchen. "Come here!" Todd said with a sense of urgency. "Coming!" Frankie said trying to get to the kitchen as fast as she could without tripping on the wooden floor. 

"Todd, what the fuck" 

Todd was in the middle of the kitchen with an apron and a chef hat that was probably from Susan's place. There was every cooking utensil they owned on the counter and the boxed that Todd and Alex were supposed to organized no where to be found.

"Well I was thinking" Todd said moving a wooden spoon rather elegantly. 

"That's impressive man, I'm really proud of you now why is the kitchen like this again and were is Alex?" 

"He left something about recording a song, more record label shit" Turns out Alex was actually talented (who knew?) and he was now signed to Dirty Hit Records which was The 1975 record which was Matty Healy's band which was well Frankie's on and off thing  since she was 16 and by "on and off thing " she meant the guy that she still had a crush on and sometimes she dreamt about... 

Apparently Matty always managed to have some place on her life. 

"That doesn't answer the question about why this kitchen is a mess weren't you supposed to clean this shit?" Frankie said rolling her eyes. 

"Well yeah but then I got bored" "figures" Frankie muttered under her breath. 

" and I decided to count all of your kitchen appliances" Todd said almost as if he was proud of himself. "How those that help anyone Todd?" Frankie groaned. 

"Well it doesn't.." "Then why did you call me?" "because I had an idea" "which is?" "We should throw a welcome party!" "I don't think that a good- " 

"what are we talking about?" Amber said walking into the kitchen her pink hair a mess and blushed cheeks. She had just fucked, Frankie could tell from the way she was walking/wobbling. 

"Todd wants to throw a party here!" Frankie exclaimed with arms in the air. 

" Thats not a bad idea" Amber shrugged. Frankie was about to tell her what a horrible idea it was but was interrupted as Gerard walked into the kitchen with a confused look.

"Todd wants to throw a party and Frankie thinks is a bad idea." Amber said to G before he was able to say anything else. "Why is it a bad idea?" G said fixing his hoodie: They had definitely fucked. 

"because to just is!!" Frankie said like the baby she was. F didn't want a party, she didn't want sweaty people around her place and alcohol stains on her rugs and she most definitely didn't want anyone fucking on her bed. It was a matted of principle: If she wasn't getting any then no one else would. They were supposed to be past that. 

"Come on F! Since went did you turn into such a prude!"

 "Don't you dare call me that!" 

"Then let's throw a party" Frankie sigh.