Chapter 5 - Flush

Hello my dears! Had a chance to update and wanted to share this with you tonight. I don't know if I can sustain two updates per day all the way till this fic ends, but I will try to have at least one update per day, ok? I know some of you are eager to see the story unfold, while some want to let the chapters accumulate so that they can binge-read on weekends, hence the double updates whenever possible :) 

You're probably wondering what happened to our couple's date, considering there were intruders who crashed on their time together. Read on below to see if they were able to salvage the night or suffered through the unwanted company of Shaan and Paddy. Read on and find out.

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. A situation may not be ideal, but you can still make the most of it. It is still your choice to be happy. So choose happy, my dears, be happy :)

Shaan was smiling at Richard while pulling a reluctant Paddy towards their table. Richard and Dei looked at each other in dismay. Richard reached for his phone to text a message to Dei.

"Dei, just follow my lead. I don't want them to ruin our night."

"Hi Guys, didn't know you were here," Shaan said, sitting beside Richard. Paddy remained standing, looking awkward. Richard stood up and sat beside Dei, gesturing for Paddy to sit on his chair.

"We were just leaving actually," Richard said, wrapping an arm around Dei's shoulder. "Dei's not feeling well, need to take her home."

"Oh but we just got here," Shaan said, pouting. "It would have been cool to double date."

"Sorry Shaan, my head is really pounding. Too bad we just ordered."

"It's ok," Paddy said, "Richard, if you don't mind, we'll take over your order."

"Really? Cool. So sorry about this, guys."

He stood up and pulled Dei to her feet, with Dei pressing her temple with her fingertips. Paddy was watching them closely, while Shaan eyed Richard hungrily.

"Have a nice night, guys." Dei smiled briefly at both, her smile not quite reaching her eyes. Paddy was curiously not looking at her and Shaan had eyes only for Richard. She snuggled closer to Richard and feigned dizziness.

They walked out of the restaurant, their arms around each other's waist. Richard felt deflated, and Dei sensed it. Once inside the car, she took his hand in hers.

"Hey, it's not so bad."

"I was so looking forward to spending time with you in a nice restaurant, good food, good conversation...."

"Look, why don't we just go home and order pizza? We can still make this a fun date. Kaya pa yan."

"I wanted to give you more than that."

"Jay ok lang, I don't really mind. Being together is good enough. Let's not spoil the night, come on......"

He extricated his hand from hers and started driving. They got to her place in just ten minutes, he ordered pizza and drinks for them. She left him to change, giving him a chance to look around her apartment. She was definitely a bookworm, and she had eclectic taste in books. From old school writers like Scott Peck, Ayn Rand and Joseph Heller, to the more present ones like Neil Gaiman, Gregory Maguire, and Suzanne Collins.

"Hey...."

He turned around to see her changed into skinny jeans and a beige pullover. Her hair was now up in a ponytail and her face freshly washed but no less beautiful. Like a faulty gadget, he felt his mind stall.