Chapter 38 - Brace

Good morning guys, here's an update that some have been waiting for. I kind of struggled with this after all the stress in Twitter and admittedly here also in Wattpad. Please do not worry, I will finish the story. I want to thank all those who were encouraging and understood where I was coming from. 

I may take a rest from making Maichard fics after this story.  Maybe it's time to do fics with a different set of names, to avoid readers getting stressed because they think it is still Maine and Alden who are in my stories. In an alternate universe, it is just people with their same name and face, but of course it is not them. That is why these stories should not be taken too seriously.

In my mind, my peg will still be the both of them as my main characters. They have been my muses for writing all this time. But maybe the names confuse so next time I will be using different names na, 

So hope you like this chapter. Thanks in advance to those who are still reading.  Have a great day, guys :)

March 2, 2017 - Japan

Dei got off the plane at Fukuoka Airport, close to five in the afternoon. Richard had taken a morning flight earlier and arrived around three earlier. They were no longer irritated about the setup, instead they were thankful to be able to take this respite from their busy schedule. The shoot would be wrapping up in two weeks and soon, the promotions would be underway. It would be only a matter of time before she and Richard would get their lives back.

But how would that adjustment be like? The fans were currently happy with the photos they see, even if they were just consultations and script readings showing Richard and Kat discussing with Inigo or Dei. It was funny how people read too much into what were really innocent photos, with no romantic innuendos at all. Creative fans came up with photoshopped photos of Kat and Richard together and it kind of unnerved Dei to see how realistic those photos look.

As a precaution, their personal social media accounts were on private mode, and thankfully, not one of their contacts ever betrayed them about their true status. She and Richard had separate social media accounts for work, and for these accounts, their relationship status was hidden.

She was waiting in the baggage carousel area when a pair of arms wrapped around her. She smiled and felt lips kissing her cheek. She turned and smiled, putting her arms around Richard's neck.

"Freedom at last," he said, smiling widely. He caught her luggage as it passed them, and pulled it while tucking her close to him in the crook of his arm.

"I got a car rental, we'll be traveling for two and a half hours to get to Kurokawa. We can take a nap while traveling, but if you're hungry we can catch a meal somewhere along the way."

"Not hungry I ate during the flight. Ikaw?"

"I ate when I arrived. Let's go then."

It was already dark when they got to Kurokawa. They had dinner at one of the restaurants near their inn and took a walk outside in the coolness of the night, their clothing thick enough to keep them warm against the spring air. It was wonderful to be out and about holding hands and with no one recognizing them.

"I could live here," Dei said, snuggling closer to him.

"It's wonderful here, isn't it? No traffic and noise."

"I miss the kind of life we had in Evanston when we visited there. We were practically anonymous, it was nice to live as you wanted without worrying about being on social media next day."