Chapter 16 - Bold

Happy morning my dears, here's an update before I go for church service. Mamayang  na muna ang harot, ok? Hahaha, Sunday duties first. 

Thank you for sharing your views about the last chapter. I agree with most of you about keeping things secret for the time being, as a form of self-preservation. It's human nature to protect one's own interests. 

Let's give our couple this time to get to know each other intimately, because when they were back in Evanston, they never really got to know each other well. They were too caught up in their drama and the struggle to balance things together. But now that they have matured, are more sure of what they feel for each other, the right time has come for them to be together. 

Enjoy this time with them my dears, mamayang gabi na lang ang pasabog, ok? Good pasabog yun, promise :)

She could barely sleep the night before. As early as four in the morning, she was awake, took a cold shower and got ready for her day with Richard. He said he would come by around six, but at five in the morning, she was ready and waiting, her hands cold in anticipation. He told her to bring clothes for changing, they were spending the night in Tagaytay.

She wondered if they would be going full-on intimate later, and was she ready to give herself to him? It was a big step for them both, considering they were just starting to rebuild the foundation of their relationship from their falling out in the past.

Her doorbell rang, startling her from her reverie. She rushed to open the door and found him standing outside her condo with a bunch of multi-colored carnations in his hand. He handed her the bunch and pulled her by the nape to kiss her, his tongue snaking out to tease hers. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him inside to deepen the kiss, while his hands met at the small of her back to press her closer to him. Breathless, they came up for air, their noses touching.

"Good morning, Dei," He whispered huskily, stealing another kiss on her mouth.

"Good morning. You just took my breath away, literally." She took his hand and made him feel her heart's erratic beat. The heat went up his face and ears, his hand trekked lower to cup her breast.

"Jayyyy........"

"Yes?"

"I.....hmmm......." His hand squeezed her cup lightly. She felt lightheaded with desire. "Aren't we leaving yet?"

He lowered his mouth to her bare shoulders, pressing a warm kiss to her smooth shoulder.

"I don't know how I am supposed to drive to Tagaytay without touching you."

"Ako lang pwede magtouch. You concentrate on driving." She took her bags and pushed him out of her unit to lock the door.

After spending 10 minutes putting on her seatbelt for her (of course this was just an excuse to reach over her and kiss her again), they were on their way. Despite their years of knowing each other, they were just discovering each other's playful side for the first time. In their college years they were so intent on impressing each other by showing their good side, such that they forgot to be themselves and enjoy each other's company.

Dei reached for Richard's hand and kissed his palm. She was absently stroking it while her eyes were closed, her mind drifting back to those times when she was so divided by her studies and his feelings for her.

"Tell me about your life after graduation, Jay."

"There isn't much to tell. I chose Gregory Weighman as my Fiction Coach, and he paved the way for me to get published. He read a few chapters of my work, coached me on how to improve it and gave me one of his contacts at Fairfax-Harper."