Chapter 20 - Uppercase

Good morning my dears, hello non-working days! 

Many, many thanks to all the stories you shared about your siblings and experiences in the last chapter. It was heartwarming that you took the time to share your stories, and I am so thankful that majority of them were happy, all of them taught life lessons we carry on throughout the rest of our lives. 

A reader said my stories always show strong family foundation, and this is because I know that most of us do have strong family ties, minsan lang we take it for granted because it has always been strong, we're used to it and do not appreciate it as much as we should. I hope my stories are a reminder for us to appreciate our families more :)

 Anyway, things are getting serious between our couple, and soon, their love will be tested. Kalma, several chapters away pa po yun, and it won't be anything you imagined. Some have preconceived ideas already but like I said, my plots are not stereotyped. This will not be another DTBY, Ika-Anim na Utos or Haplos kind of story, far from it. Walang basagan ng heart, promise.

Let's just enjoy muna the happy chapters ok? Enjoy the time away from work, my dears. Happy Halloween :)

It was surprisingly cold in Miami when they landed. Dei seriously underestimated the weather when she packed for the trip. All she had on was her knitted top and a hoodie, jeans and sneakers. Richard wore a turtleneck sweater and denim jacket.

"Baby, looks like I watched too many CSI Miami episodes. I assumed it was hot and sunny this time of the year."

"No worries, we can always buy clothes you'll need."

"You'll shop for me?"

"Yes. Ok lang ba?"

"Kilig ako. The thought of you choosing clothes for me is sweet. But not expensive ones ok? And stay out of the dressing room while I fit the clothes."

"You know me too well, baby."

He hugged her by the waist, his large hand spanning the upper half of her side, grazing the side of her breast. She felt herself flush with pleasure. She would never get enough of how it feels when his hands are on her.

"Ok lang ba for you to stay in Rizza's room at home? I didn't want you to stay in a hotel room all by yourself, it's your first time here and I don't want to risk anything happening to you."

"Of course it's ok. I don't want to be a bother, though."

"You won't be. They like entertaining guests. Mom is a natural hostess, the restaurants flourished because of her personality when entertaining diners. Up to this day, she likes mingling with them."

"You think she'll like me?"

"She will. And it doesn't matter if she doesn't."

"I'm nervous, Jay."

"Don't be."

Richard's dad was waiting for them outside the airport. It was touching to see how close Richard was to his dad. It was like two versions of himself, one older than the other, was hugging the younger version.

"Dad, this is Dei......."

"Dei, nice to finally meet you."

She was hugged so reassuringly, the kind of hug you wanted to go home to, making her suddenly miss her dad. He winked at her, keeping an arm around her shoulder and another around Richard. It was obvious that he missed his son. He was well built like Richard was, without a paunch that men his age usually have.