Chapter 24 - Bubble

Hi there, friends. Ugh, not feeling well. Got drenched from the rain yesterday and now I'm feeling light-headed. Kaya yung chapter now is light lang, hahahaha. 

Let's check on Kat and Inigo, ang kulit nila in my mind, so pagbigyan natin.Friendships sometimes start on the wrong foot but know what? Those are usually the most lasting friendships ever. 

I had a gym buddy who got pissed off with me because I did not lend her the hair blower because I was next to use it, and she needed it because her call time was earlier. I didn't know her yet then but when we became friends, we hit it off really well. Now she is more than a friend, she's like a sister to me.

So Kat and Inigo started out on the wrong foot. But let's see where it leads them, here in this chapter. Enjoy guys, weekend na ulit bukas. Woohoo :)

Kat walked into the offices of Focal Point, excited to share her news. Dei had just given her a copy of Richard's edited manuscript and shared her plans for surprising Richard. She suggested that they split the surprise, though. Let him see the published book on Christmas, then they can surprise him together for the filming of the book. She felt it in her bones, it was a good material, and it would be approved.

If her management wanted her to star in an indie film, then by all means, she should get to pic the material for it. Dei already started to work on the screenplay and promised to get it done in two weeks' time. She had to do it in secret, in between the edits of Richard's two other novels. It was a blessing in disguise that Richard was away doing promos for his current book, attending book fairs in several states in the US. It gave her and Dei time to work on the screenplay together.

It was weird that she and Richard still haven't had the time to see each other face-to-face. They came back from Evanston two months ago, but she was busy filming for her TV series in Vigan, and by the time she got back, he was off to Hawaii for his book fair.

She entered the President's office and found him talking to someone familiar, a person she did not look forward to seeing again. It was the asshole himself, Inigo Sandejas.

"Good morning Boss Eddie," She airkissed Eddie Flores on the cheek and sat across Inigo. She was wearing white shorts, a beige tank top and a darker beige cover-up. Inigo looked up at her, his gaze traveling down from her face, momentarily stopping at her low neckline and proceeded to go south.

"What is this turd doing here? Sir, I don't want to work with him, ngayon pa lang sinasabi ko na sayo."

"Kat, pipe down, let's talk like civilized adults. Inigo told me about what happened."

Kat felt her face flame with the memory. She wondered what exactly Inigo told Eddie and hoped he did not narrate the whole incident. There were a few.......ahem, embarrassing details that she hoped he did not divulge.

"Really huh, what exactly did he tell you? I bet he told you a version to his favor and made me look the bitch. That would be classic Inigo style wouldn't it?"

"What are you talking about, Kat? He said he insulted you and he's sorry about it. He had a few drinks that loosened his tongue, he let the alcohol get in the way. It happens."

"And then?"

"Anong and then? Bakit, may nangyari pa ba bukod doon?"

She looked at Inigo who was trying hard not to smile.

Putanginang 'to talaga. He always riles me. It doesn't help that he's looking damn good today.

"Bakit ka ba nandito? What do you want?"