Chapter 21 - Subhead

Happy Halloween, beshies! While our lovebirds are getting it on in Miami, let's see what's happening to Kat. Interested? No? Well read on, because you will be. 

I was once told that if you pray for something you want, you have to be very specific and clear what it is you really want. But still, that is no guarantee that you will get what you want, what is guaranteed is that you will get what you need. 

Kat wants to be loved the way Richard loves Dei. She wants a man who will move mountains to be with her, someone who is devoted and steadfast. In her eyes, Richard is perfect, he is practically a saint. 

In this chapter, she will someone who is his exact opposite. But could he be the answer to her prayers? He may not be what she wants, but could he be what she needs? Read on and share with me your thoughts. 

Ang saya ng discussions natin my dears, I hope you are also learning from what the others are sharing :)

Kat was bored. It was at her network's anniversary party and Keifer, her love team partner and date, was off to God-knows-where, leaving her to be preyed upon by the media wolves. There had been a lot of speculation about what goes on between them in reel and real life, the fans were crazy about them. But really, Keifer is just an airhead. He's a typical rich kid with celebrity parents, a brat who shot to fame by virtue of his showbiz lineage.

He was a decent actor, he worked well with her, but other than that, she was not interested. Damn, he cannot even kiss properly. She hated it when he tried to slide his tongue into her mouth in one take and she shoved him really hard, walked out of the set to cool off. He always made moves on her that were short of indecent, not caring if she got offended or not. He finally took the hint that she was not playing it coy, she really wasn't attracted to him.

She walked over to the dessert buffet and got an assortment of desserts and went back to her table. Just as she was about to feast on her sweets, someone slid into the seat beside her. She glanced at him disinterestedly and looked back at her plate.

"Hi."

Whoa. Sexy voice, hello. One single word and he had her attention. She took a second look and dark eyes clashed with hers. He had a narrow-bridged nose, a chiseled jawline and a smirk she wanted to wipe off. He was attractive and he knew it.

"Yes? Do I know you?"

He extended his hand.

"Inigo Sandejas. I was requested to, no correction, ordered, to socialize with you."

"Sandejas......the indie director?"

"Yeah....."

She reluctantly took his hand and laughed at his expression. She remembered him making a speech earlier about his award-winning film.

"You hate this, don't you?"

"Halata ba? Sorry. It's not you, it's me."

"Hahahahaha......isn't it too early on in our acquaintance to use that line on me?"

"Ugh. I'm making a mess of this.......getting-to-know-you shit."

"Ok lang. I'm actually bored. But I have to stay in this party."

"Says who?"

"Wala, just simple courtesy."

"Can we at least go outside and talk there? Ingay dito eh."

"Sure."

She stood up and led the way. He admired her shapely figure hugged in a black jumpsuit, her walk slow and measured. So many people were greeting her along the way and she stopped once in a while to acknowledge them. Outside the venue, they found a concrete bench away from the noise and sat down, drinks in hand.

"So tell me, why are you supposed to socialize with me?"

He sighed wearily.

"I have this movie that needs funding badly. I was advised to inquire with the bigger movie outfits for possible funding, and they pointed me to Focal Point. Tama ba Focal Point handles you? Apparently, your management wants me to direct you in a movie. So...exchange favors I guess."

"Me? Why? First time I ever heard of that."

"I don't know. Aren't you popular enough?"

"Uy teka. That sounds condescending ha."

"Jaded lang. So many mainstream actors want to star in a quote-unquote indie movie. Actors who don't know how to act but want to use indie genre as a validation that they can."

"Have you seen any of my work?"

"TV. But that's commercial work eh. Iba talaga sa TV, you need to cater to the masses who watch you freely. Sa movies kasi, people pay to watch you, so dapat mas may effort."

Kat was beginning to feel insulted.

"Let me get this straight. You think just because people just switch on their TV to watch teleseryes, it's a no-brainer for actresses like me to make the show rate? Na I don't need to exert a lot of effort? Wow. Thank you for invalidating my work."

"Teleseryes thrive on the actors not the story. People watch them because of who's portraying the roles, not because the story is good."

"Is this your way of socializing with me? Dude, it's not working."

"Kat, I'm sorry. I'm not good at this. I need funding for my movie, I need to finish it in time for the Cannes Festival. But I didn't know I needed to prostitute myself just to get funding."

"Putangina, prostitute yourself? Who do you think you are? Sige, lubusin natin ang pagprostitute mo, dapat may makuha naman ako out of this, diba? You get funding and what do I get, insults? Paisa lang."

She slapped him real hard, he didn't know what hit him. She pulled him by the collar to kiss him. It was an angry kiss, meant to insult him but it backfired. He responded by pulling her close, his tongue snaking out to deepen the kiss. For a few seconds she was lost in the sensations his mouth created, then felt his hard-on pushing against her thigh. To her horror, she didn't realize he had pulled her to sit on his lap. She bit his lip and slapped him again, got up and ran.

Her heart was beating fast. She was so angry. How dare he look down on her. How dare he insult her, when she was quietly minding her own business. She was going to call it a night. She hoped she would never see him again.

Back where she left him, Inigo had a stupid smile on his face. What a spitfire. And that body, the gorgeous curves and the slightly awkward way she carried herself, almost as though she wasn't aware of how exquisite she looked.

He held on to his still racing heart. He just had to see her again.