Chapter 42 - All Caps

Good morning! Am up bright and early to face the day but of course would like to leave you with an update. Thank you for sharing your views about Dei, some get what she did and some don't. Some think it was a selfish move and judged her harshly. Maybe this chapter will shed more about why she left when she did. Let's see if you still think it was wrong for her to leave after reading this. 

In our fandom, when people worry about MaiChard, they are reprimanded by some  and are labelled as "dudangs" because they are not "kampante." Here is my take on that. For me, it's ok to worry. Yes, MaiChard is real, they are in a real relationship but real relationships need hard work to survive, and when people worry, it's not because they doubt the "real-ness," they worry because they know that even real relationships fail.

In this story, I have seen the worry of some readers, who, although they know my stories always end happily, still get anxious with the challenges in the AU DeiJay relationship. I guess it's because they worry that the plot twist might not be redeemable to get to the happy ending. Let me just say that I really appreciate that, because it means my readers are intelligent and want a credible flow of the story. Too many times we see a plot twist and the ending is disappointing because the journey is not believable.

I hope that this development will be a good transition for the AU fans in the story. The next chapter will be exciting so please read on :)   

Richard read through the comments of fans on Twitter and Facebook, his fist curling in anger. Dei was called a snake, a slut, an opportunist and a social climber. There was someone, obviously not a fan but a paid troll who even wished her dead. Pictures of Dei were used cruel memes as a third party in his supposed relationship with Kat.

She called him as soon as she arrived in her destination, assuring him she was safe and sound. They talked for a bit, and his heart went out to her as she apologized for leaving.

"Jay, I'm ok, please don't worry about me. Ok tayo, I just need to get away from it all and breathe. Natatakot na ko lumabas ng unit ko for fear that someone might say something to my face and shame me in pulic. I feel like a criminal kahit wala naman akong ginagawang masama."

"Hindi ba talaga ako pwedeng sumunod sayo? Wherever you are. I want to comfort you."

"Wag na. I'll be back soon, I just need to think of what to do next. Just give me three days at the most, di din ako pwede mawala ng matagal. I have backlog work at the office."

"I miss you, Dei. I really miss you."

"I miss you too, Jay. Please don't worry about us ok? Ok tayo ha?"

"Come back na, please."

"Three days lang, baby. I'll be back."

"I love you baby."

"I love you more, Jay. Wait for me, we'll be together before you know it."

-----

Kat searched the crowd for her sister and found her waiting by the exit of Ho Chih Minh City Airport. They hugged tightly as Anica awkwardly stood by, watching them.

"How was your flight? Are you hungry?"

"A little. But let's eat in your hotel, I want to take a shower first before eating."

Villa Song Saigon was a pretty boutique hotel located near the Saigon River. It was a place where Dei had a vacation with her dad years ago, and has since become one of her favorite places because of the memories it gave her. Being here with Kat now was another special memory she would store in her mind. They never ever went on a vacation before.

"Kat, thanks for coming. This means a lot to me."

"This is nothing compared to what you have sacrificed for me, ate. What are we going to do? I really want to help you."

"I have a plan, Kat. It will a risk but if we are able to pull it off, it will not hurt your movie."

"At this point, I don't care about the movie anymore. I just want us to get our lives back. I want to go out in the open with Inggo."

"I will need you to do something first before we can execute this."

"Just tell me and I'll do it."

"Ok, here's the plan......."

-----

On the day Kat returned to Manila, Dei was on the plane with her. They went over Dei's plan together and thought it was a good way of bringing things to normal right before the movie premiere, which was happening in the next three days.

Kat immediately went to Sir Eddie's office to meet with him and Ciara. This meeting was part of the plan to finally put the fans in the right perspective.

"Sir Eddie, I've been cooperative throughout the shoot of this movie. I've gone beyond my comfort zone for it and I am proud of the results. I believe we have a good material in our hands."

"Yes Kat, we've seen the finished product in its entirety. Maganda yung movie, it can be marketed commercially."

"Yes Sir Eddie, and I suppose, you'll agree with me na dahil maganda yung movie, it will not really be affected by the truth about me, Dei and Richard. Or should I say, me, Dei, Richard and Inigo?"

"Kat......wait lang muna....."

No.....you wait Ciara. We've done things your way and look what it has done. You've made a monster out of my sister in the public eye. It's something she does not deserve. I refuse to look good at her expense and I want to fix this."

"This will die down eventually, Kat. After the movie as been shown, you can go back to your normal routines. Fans easily forget."

"No. I don't want to leave this as a loose end. I want people to see that my sister is a good person. I want them to know who she really is."

"What did you have in mind, Kat?"

"Sir Eddie, I want a no-holds-barred interview for me and my sister as part of the publicity. Kahit viral video lang, kahit FB live lang. Just give us a venue to share our stories together."

Ciara balked at the suggestion. "Kat masisira ang network if they find out this was all a publicity stunt."

"Hindi naman namin sasabihin yun. We can plan the questions and how we will answer it. But I just want it clear that we will tell the truth, sino talaga may relasyon kanino and I don't care if the fans get angry. This is a good movie, it will reach more than just my fans. My personal life should have nothing to do with this movie's performance."

"And if we don't agree?"

"Fine. Dei and I will host our own FB live together and accept questions from fans. Mas delikado yun. Kayo mamili."

At the end of the meeting, Kat was smiling. She had her way, it paid off to be a good talent. Dei was going to be pleased.

-----

"Kat! Ang usapan ikaw lang ang magpapa-interview. Bakit pati ako kasama na?"

"Because I want people to see what you really are like. They don't know you, ate. This interview will be great, magkasama naman tayo and it's pre-taped not live. We can edit anything out."

"Grabe ka sakin Kat."

"This will be good, ate. I want them to see how close we are to each other. I want them to see how much you inspire me. This is the only way we can make people see you as the real you."

"Oh my God."

"We can do this, sis. Don't worry, I'll be right beside you."