Chapter 14 - Kerning

Good morning my dears! After the tears shed over the past chapters, let's change the tempo naman.  This is where they start to strengthen the foundation of their relationship, because how will it withstand the conflict of my plot if their foundation is weak?  

Realistically, no matter how strong feelings are, if the foundation is weak, then it will be easy for one of them to stray away.  I know you have preconceived ideas how this fic will go, and my challenge is to outsmart and surprise you, which is getting harder because you guys know me so well already, haha! 

So heto na pambawi ko sa saksak pusong chapters. Happy times for our couple before the storm comes....char. I hope this will give you a sneak peek at what will happen to them in the next few chapters. 

Have fun this weekend mga beshy and stay salty :)

Ortigas Business District, Summer - 2016

Richard made his way through the traffic on Emerald Avenue to cross the street. He checked his phone to make sure he was in the right building, gave his driver's license to the guard and queued for his turn in the elevator to go up the 20th floor.

It was his first time in the Philippines since he and his family left when he was thirteen , and he came home to see her. To remind her of an agreement they made to each other years ago when their friendship was just starting. He hoped she still remembered that agreement, and wondered if she was still up to fulfilling it. It sounded like child's play now looking back, but he was willing to do anything, just to see her again.

He smiled when he remembered how he implored God to give him a sign about his future with Dei in it. He remembered the devastation he felt when she decided to pursue screenwriting instead of fiction. Looking back, he figured it was for the best that they pursued their studies then. It was not their time then, but he surmised that he had the power of choice to pursue her again, now that they were both done with their studies.

The elevator door opened, he approached the receptionist and gave his card. The receptionist ushered him to a meeting room and went out to call Dei.

-----

"Dei, your two o'clock is here."

"Ok, please tell him I'll be out in five minutes."

She finished the email she was typing and sent it out to the network. Taking one quick look at her small mirror, she applied a fresh coat of lipstick and made sure her hair was neat and tidy. She looked fashionable in her ripped jeans and white tunic. She hoped to impress her new client, Alden Richards, who contacted her on Upwork for the editing of his book.

She wondered why he contacted her for beta services when her profile on Upwork clearly stated her writing services were more on screenplays and subtitling for local shows to be released abroad. What started as a solo practice now blossomed into a small business for her. She had two junior and two senior writers, a receptionist who doubled as a secretary and a production assistant. Business was growing because her clients gave her referrals, and most came back for more work to give her team.

She entertained his inquiry anyway. It might be a good idea to get into book editing as well, as an additional service they can offer for Pageturner, Inc. She had back-up freelance editors that can help with this project. If she played her cards right, this project could link her up with Fairfax-Harper, one of the biggest publishing houses in the US that agreed to publish Alden's books.

He was facing the window when she entered the small conference room, as though lost in thought. His height, the way he angled his head lightly to the left and his build reminded him so much of---