Chapter 11 - Rough

Hi there, thank you all those who shared their views in the last chapter. Ang saya ko pag maraming comments, it helps me validate my story's future chapters. Although I still stick to my original plot, your comments help me tighten the plot more. I'm happy that some of you see Kat's good side, kasi nga hindi naman siya talaga bad. 

I got feedback also na some of you are anxious because this story is classified as angst. It's not going to be as painful as The Surrogate Wife, promise. There will also be happy times ahead, after 2-3 chapters more. This is not a typical love triangle, you should know me by now, I don't do things the usual way, so don't worry about the angst part :)

But first things first. We need to go through difficult chapters and this is one of them. On a scale of one to 10, with 10 being highest, pain level is around 6 lang, ok?  Walang iiyak......char :)

I hope you like this chapter and as usual, I live for your insights, feel free to share :)

A week after their argument, Richard and Dei were still not talking. They've had petty arguments before but never did it escalate to raising voices at each other, and she knew she was to blame. She started it by charging to his place and accusing him of influencing her sister to pursue what she thought was a foolish decision.

He was right about giving her sister a little leeway with her decisions, and treating her sister a little more like an adult. She did take for granted that her sister was already maturing and Kat's grades did improve. Reluctantly, she had to credit Richard's friendship with Kat as a factor for her sister's better behavior. She and Kat were still at odds most of the time, and she had to admit that she may be to blame for being heavy on her sister.

She reflected on what he said. He was right about Kat being brave to pursue what she wanted. But he was wrong about Kat being more of a risk-taker than she was. Wasn't she also taking a risk when she went here to the US alone to pursue her dream, at the risk of failing and being mocked by her mom? 

Her face heated up upon remembering what he said, and how it juxtaposed to their situation. Going to class was awkward. Classmates noticed they were seated apart, but thankfully no one was curious enough to ask questions. He sometimes looked at her as though waiting for her to say something,  but he never approached, and she thought it best to let things pass for now.

She entered the library to do some research for her thesis proposal. Heading towards the terminal for searching the books she needed, she took a seat and started searching for the titles of books she would be using.

The noise of a book dropping made her turn to the direction of the noise. She froze upon seeing Richard picking up a book for an unfamiliar girl who was with him. The girl took the book from him and punched his arm. He too the girl's backpack and slung it over his shoulder. They walked out of the library together, the girl whispering something against Richard's ear. 

She suddenly felt cold, her hands shook. It was like seeing Ron kiss Diane all over again, only worse. She had a right to raise hell with Ron. Richard had the right to pursue anyone he liked because at the end of the day, they were just friends.

-----

Richard and Lei walked out of the library, looking behind them to check if Dei followed them. But Dei remained inside the library.

"You think she saw us?"

"Richard, I slammed the book down so hard. I saw her look at us."

"You think this will work?"