Chapter 35 - Abstract

Hi guys, how have you been? Crazy day on Twitter yesterday, huh? So many stuff going on, and it's pretty toxic to be honest. I am glad we all have Wattpad as a go-to for times that we need to relax, there is so much good stuff to read here. 

Anyway, this chapter is kind of related to what's happening out there. It's about perception. I sometimes feel there is a disconnect between what is actually happening, to what people see. Like if I don't get to watch EB and rely on people's reactions on Twitter, I get prepared for watching the show only to be surprised that the people's perception is not the same as mine. It's easy to be carried away by what the majority feels, and it's good to detach once in a while to be in touch with what you really, honestly feel, rather than get carried away by the majority. 

Here, people judge a non-existent relationship based on what they see in a video footage and get angry when there's a hint of it not being real. Sounds familiar, no? Word of advice, let's be a little more observant. Sometimes, all is not well, and a little sensitivity goes a long way for us to understand our couple better. 

Hope you'll like this chapter, have a blessed Sunday my dears :)

The following day, Twitter and Facebook was abuzz with a viral video that was circulating, showing the entire incident with Keifer. It was like watching a short movie, the entire video took nine minutes and ended with Kat and Richard hugging. Whoever took the video zoomed the part where Kat and Richard hugged, and of course, this video trended and once again #KatRich shippers were alive and excited with this development.

Everyone was now assuming that the two were a couple. There were clamors for TV guestings of the two in talk shows or the breakfast shows in both of the leading networks. Both Kat and Richard declined invitations. Kat promised to do the rounds by the time the movie would be showing, by which time Richard is conveniently doing his book tours.

One evening they decided to have dinner together, all four of them. It was a late dinner after their shoot. As they entered the restaurant fans approached Kat and Richard and asked for photos to be taken with them. Inigo and Dei waited patiently as the two indulged the crowd. Thankfully, the restaurant manager intervened and allowed them to eat in a separate area, allowing them more privacy.

"Tabi na lang muna kayo," Dei said, sitting across Richard.

"Seriously? Dei ano ba naman, we're already in a private room."

"Kahit na, we still can be seen through the glass doors. Iwas problema."

"Fine."

He grudgingly sat beside Kat, who was just watching them both. Inigo was quiet, deep in thought.

"What's on your mind," Kat asked him gently.

"The scenes I'm dreading to shoot."

"What scenes?"

"The dream sequences and the intimate scenes."

"Ah. I agreed to do them so don't worry. I will be cooperative."

"Dei, can we all talk about this? Help me with the script, how can we stay faithful to the book pero change the scenes para lesser yung skin exposure ni Kat."

"It's your take, Inggo. Your treatment on the script. Yung dream sequences we can do something about that. Pwedeng body parts lang na tight shots tapos let's use a double."

"Hell, no. Guys, it's ok naman for me to bare. This is a worthy movie. Ayoko ng double."

"Sweetie, Iisten......"

"No, you listen. Trabaho ito eh. If awkward ka to see me in the buff then asked your assistant director to handle the shoot."

"Wait, wait," Richard butted in. "Let's talk about this ng maayos. Let's hear him out first."

"Bro, I'm trying to protect her. I know this is a milestone project for her but the skin exposure might derail her career eh. There might be more offers na puro may ganon na, in the guise of art films."

"Weren't you the one who challenged me at the start of this project if I was in it 100%? You were doubting me then, you think I might not be totally dedicated enough to handle the tough scenes. Anong nabago?"

"You don't know kung anong nabago? Kat, you know what changed."

"What? Because we have the hots for each other? Akala ko ba professional tayo?"

"The hots for each other. So that's what we call it now?"

"Hey." Dei reached out a hand to Inigo. "Let's talk outside. Magpalamig muna tayo. Baby, order for us na lang, I'll just talk to Inggo outside."

"Why do you need to talk to him outside?"

"Jay, don't get territorial on me right now. Usap lang. Besides, this guy is practically taken."

She winked at Kat and went out of the room with Inigo through the glass door leading to the restaurant's patio. They sat in an empty table.

"Inggo, I just have to ask.....what's going on between you and Kat?"

"I have feelings for her, Dei. She knows. I think she feels something for me too. Pero hindi pa kami. Ang gulo eh. Ayaw pa niya mag-commit."

"Why? Did she say?"

"She said she doesn't want to commit amid all this chaos."

"You want me to talk to her?"

"No. Let her come to me at her pace, Dei. I don't want to rush her."

"Look, I know it's hard for you to shoot her kissing someone else."

He sighed heavily. "Yes. Possessive ako eh, but it doesn't mean I will be unprofessional. I can handle that. I can handle the nude sequences. Ang worry ko lang, Dei, is she might be typecast for roles like that. Currently, she has a good wholesome image, and this movie is supposed to showcase her acting prowess. Masyadong radical yung change for her pag may adult scenes, she has young fans."

"Yes, I see your point. So how do you want to move forward?"

"Let's go with your recommendation earlier on the dream sequence. It can be suggestive, tapos some parts silhouette or trick lighting na lang. Kasi may scene doon na she's pleasuring herself.....putangina, ang hirap kasi Dei eh. Maybe close-up shots of her, biting her lip or.......fuck, I don't know. We've never.....I haven't seen what she looks like when....."

"Ok, ok......I get it. Ang awkward talking like this, she's my sister. Hindi naman kami pamilya ng artista, we're not used to this."

"Kayo na ni Jay ang bahala. Please rewrite the sequences. Yung intimate scene pwedeng dayain yun. Shots of them undressing each other and kissing tapos cut na. I just have to make this all credible. I still owe the audience that."

They went back to find Kat and Richard quietly talking. Kat looked solemn-faced and gazed at Inigo.

"Dei, can we stop this nonsense and sit beside who we want to sit with? I think Kat and Inggo need it more than we do."

He stood up and let Inigo sit beside Kat. They proceeded with dinner on a lighter note this time. They talked about Dei's upcoming birthday, and their plans to spend the weekend together. When the bill finally came, Inigo settled the bill and they went their respective ways, Kat and Inigo, Dei and Richard. It was already the wee hours of the morning then, and they thought it safe to go on as they normally did.

The following day, Twitter and Facebook were abuzz with photos of them seated after Dei's talk with Inigo, and of them going home on their separate ways.

The fans were angry.