Chapter 7 - Justify

How was your day, my dears? I hope it wasn't as tiring and challenging as mine. Have you ever experienced having to deal with a problem that you did not cause but must deal with it anyway because andyan na and only you can solve it? I try to laugh it off. I tell you, sense of humor is the only thing that is keeping me intact. And of course Wattpad and comments from you, dear readers :)

Anyway, as you can see by now, Richard and Dei are in an adjustment phase of their relationship, and what makes it harder is Dei's indecision on whether she wants to commit or not. It's a dilemma that's similar to have a delectable slice of cake and being too full to eat it, but if you don't, someone else will grab it and you would hate for that to happen. 

So what's a girl to do? How does she turn him down if he's being so sweet and difficult to say no to? How does she commit if he's too distracting that it may affect her focus on academics?What would you do if you were in her shoes?

Enjoy reading :)

Dei was running a fever the day after she and Richard argued about the bar incident. She stayed home and refused to answer Richard's calls, regretting her impulse to go out last night. Her pessimism was getting the better of her, she was wondering why Shaan attempted to kiss Richard despite being in front of Tom, and with Paddy nearby. Did Richard encourage her? Based on what she saw, he didn't. But she knew she was over-analyzing but she couldn't help it.

She hated this feeling of helplessness. This is what she disliked about falling for someone or being in a relationship. The inability to control her emotions and be at the mercy of someone's actions gave an overthinker like her a lot to think about. But she also knew it was her indecision to move forward with their relationship that gave them complications. Richard was ready to take their relationship to the next level. She was the one with baggage and a lot of considerations.

She didn't want a commitment yet because she wanted to focus on her studies, but she was falling for him so fast and hard. If she decided for her and Richard to remain friends, it would mean opening the possibility of him dating Shaan, since they wouldn't have a commitment to each other. The mere thought scared her.

She took her phone and called someone she had not talked to in a long time.

"Hello, Dei?"

"Yes, it's me. I'm sorry did I wake you up?"

"No, it's only 9PM here. Well this is a surprise, what made you call?"

"Hmmm. I don't even know if you're the right person to call."

"This is about a guy, I guess."

"I'm sorry Ron. Maybe I should just hang up."

"No, if it bothers you, talk to me. Things have been over between us for more than a year. I've moved on."

"But you're still unattached."

"Personal choice. Come on, enough about me. What's bothering you?"

"I'm seeing someone from school. He's also Filipino but he lived all his life here in the US. We've been dating exclusively for a few weeks now. Then last night I saw a friend of ours try to kiss him in a bar. He warded her off but...."

"Dei, don't make the same mistake you did with our relationship. Stop overthinking. You said he warded her off, isn't that a good thing? Give this guy a chance."

"But what if this girl keeps trying and eventually he gives in?"

"Ouch. I guess you're referring to me."