Chapter 9 - Typo

Good evening beshies :) Time for Kat to make an appearance again in this fic. 

I'm sure some of you are kind of frustrated with Dei and how she is handling her relationship with Richard. Konting pasensya na lang, we'll be moving to the present soon, and you'll see that they did progress to something more before things got complicated.

Pero aminin natin, women sometimes complicate the relationship with views that can be kind of idealistic. It's like when fans build a mental image of what MaiChard should and shouldn't be, tapos pag hindi nangyari they get so frustrated and lash out. Hopia management should be offered as a course in college, haha.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, we should cut some slack for the men in our lives. To be fair, madami naman sa kanila try their best to please us, but we sometimes make it difficult for them. We should also give them back as much as we expect them to give us, whatever it is we ask for; love, respect, or time. Patas lang dapat.  

Read on and see what I mean. This chapter is presented in both Dei's and Richard's POVs, their interpretation of how their relationship is progressing. Who is to blame for the standstill? Share your insights, please :)

Dei

Dei

This was what I wanted from the start. I wanted us to slow down, because our closeness was threatening me. I wanted to concentrate on my studies, I try to convince myself that this was my reason, but really, I was just biding my time because I wanted to be sure. I wante dto be in control of the situation.

I know now that I love him, I am sure of it. I want to be with him. And just when  I am already sure, our closeness changed somehow. He still is affectionate and sweet, but the simple intimacies between us have slowly disappeared. It seems like we are now reduced to being plain good friends, and it doesn't seem to bother him.

I miss being kissed. I miss the way he looks at me like everything around us fades to black. There are glimpses of the old us, like sometimes when Paddy starts talking to me, Jay gets territorial and lays claim by pulling me close to him and I am elated when he does. But all too soon, when Paddy leaves, we are back to being just......friendly.

I try to convince myself that this was what I want. That I cannot afford to have a relationship, not when I am grappling with the tough demands of college. I need to get through college, to prove to my mom that my passion to write goes beyond my romantic fantasies. I am more than a chick lit writer. I have what it takes to be a good author. I dream of writing novels, or screenplays for movies or Broadway, and I know that if I concentrate and work hard enough, I can make it. I can make her see that she can be proud of me.

But I miss the old "us." I miss the times we cuddle. I miss his smell that lingers when he leaves me asleep at night, and I wake up early morning to smell a little bit of him in the clothes I'm wearing. I miss reaching for his hand in the dark alleys of Evanston, or the random kiss on my cheek while walking, his hand groping for my waist from behind me.