Chapter 37 - Flush and Hang

Good evening guys. Here's the update I promised. Not quite what I envisioned when I started this morning. You know how it is with me, I have a vision of what to write but the characters have their own direction of where the story goes and by the time I write it doen, I follow where the characters lead me. 

I am getting a feel that some are not happy with the slant of my story. This is not real life, it's just an alternate universe where the situations are fictitious and I find that some are taking the story seriously. Guys, I know walang ganap outside of WP, but please do not take your frustration here and humopia over how the story will run and get frustrated here also. 

I hope I will be able to update tomorrow kasi medyo naramdaman ko dito lumipat yung frustration sa Twitter. We'll see how it goes, ok? I hope you like this chapter nonetheless. Thanks for reading :)

Kat spent the whole day prepping for Inigo's visit later. She went to the spa for a body scrub, and her nails done. She picked up some Prosecco Sparkling Wine, cheese, and cold cuts as appetizers for the steak she was grilling.

Kat was not exactly a good cook, she only knows how to grill meats because she loved them. She can grill a steak or salmon to perfection but totally mess up cooking pasta. So she was sticking with something she was good at, because she wanted to impress Inigo.

This was the first time she ever felt a connection with someone so strong. In high school, she dated boys her age and got frustrated because all they did grope her and talk about themselves. It made her lose interest in boys and get immersed in acting as a hobby. After so many years, here was someone who understood her craft and respected her both as a person and a professional.

But Kat needed validation on her next step. She called her sister to ask for advice, hoping Dei could give her the needed clarity on what to do next.

"Hello, ate?"

"Hi, Kat, what's up?"

"Is Jay with you? Am I disturbing you?"

"No, why?"

"I need advice, ate. I asked Inggo to come over because I want to spend time with him."

"What exactly is meant by spending time with him?"

"Wala, going over my lines with him, and discussing my scenes."

"So it's more like work?"

"Uhmmmm, ate I really like him kasi."

"Are you asking me permission to get laid?"

"Huy grabe!"

"Well.......are you?"

"I don't know......Ok fine, I want to."

"Will you follow my advice? Even if it might go against what you want?"

"Maybe not."

"Sabi ko na eh. You really are stubborn."

"I'm 21, in case you forgot."

"Practically a baby, in my eyes."

"Ate namaaaaannnn."

"What do you want me to say, Kat?"

"You talked to Inigo, what do you think of him. Does he seem like a good sort to you? Siguro hindi, because he's quite the opposite of Jay."

"Yes he's the opposite of Jay. But you know Kat, I think he's really smitten with you. And I'll be honest, I think I like him for you."