Prologue

There she goes again. Ranting on and on and ON about stupid schoolwork and all. About my future. Sometimes I wonder why I am like this. Why can't I just tell my mother about my REAL objectives in life... not just education. Then I remember... I'm too scared to tell her. I'm too scared to be rejected for who I am. So I put up this mask and barrier that no one can break around me... And I became a shadow to others.

Maybe.. had I grown up a different way, I would like learning. But... learning twenty-four seven... after five years, it would get pretty boring. Now, it has been thirteen years. Yes, I said thirteen. My parents have been trying to teach me things since I had been born. I had learned to talk when I was only two months old.

I... don't have any friends. My mother would get furious if I did. She believes that friends are an interference to education and life... and you cannot gain anything from it. I don't actually know if that's true or not, but... I really want friends. Try it out.. you know? Just like guessing and checking. If it doesn't work out, you could either just quit or try another thing. Having friends would be an... experiment.

I curled up into a ball, wondering if I could ever change and be reborn as another person.

Someone... please listen to my request, and make it come true...

I wish to be outgoing. Loving. Fierce. Rebellious. Not just that shy girl sitting around in a lonely corner, sulking around. Not just the "new kid." I want others to KNOW the real me, the me hidden deep inside. I want to show the world that I love music and art... that I want to make people laugh and stay happy. I wish to be reborn as a new person... and start over... with a new beginning.