Chapter 50

~After school, in Shizuko's POV...~ (Jack is absent today, and Yoriko had an emergency filming session...)

"Shizuko-chan!" Misaki called out cheerfully. "Do you want to do some fortune telling?"

I cocked my head. "You know how to tell someone's fortune?" I asked.

Misaki shook her head, giggling. "Not me! There's a girl in Moon Class, and I heard that she can tell your fortune just using your name! Ryuu-kun can come too."

I nodded. "Ryuu!" I called out.

He ran over. "What is it?"

"Wanna go do some fortune telling with me and Misaki-chan?"

Ryuu shrugged. "Sure, I guess."

"Ok, then! Let's go! Moon Class, here we come!"

~We walked to Moon Class~

"Akumu means nightmare. You love scaring people, and sometimes, when you're angry or when you're holding a grudge at someone, you're like a nightmare to them. But you know, you're actually pretty nice overall," someone explained. She had light purple hair that cascaded down her back.

"Excuse me? Is Unmei-chan?" Misaki asked sweetly.

Akumu smiled. "Hahaha, the pride of Moon Class, Unmei-chan is right here!" her smile faded away as she saw us. "Guys, I just remembered that I have some important paperwork to finish off, so see you guys tomorrow!"

"See you tomorrow, Akumu-sama!" the class shouted, as she rushed out of the room, not bothering to take a second glance at us.

Sheesh, I thought irritably. A little 'hello' would be nice.

Unmei turned to us. "You're here for fortune telling, right? Misaki, Shizuko, and Ryuu."

"H-How did you know our names?!" I asked in surprise.

"Wow, Unmei-chan really is a mind reader too!" Misaki complimented.

Unmei burst out laughing. "No, I'm not a mind reader! I mean, who doesn't know the Guardians Shizuko and Ryuu! And most people know Misaki, the pride of Star Class!"

Ryuu nodded his head slowly. "Yeah... She's got a point."

"Let's start with Misaki, then! Misaki means beautiful bloom. One day, you'll bloom like a flower. You're missing your needed friendship and love: your water and sunshine. Right now, you're just a bud, but when you bloom, it will be a beautiful sight. Yes, buds are somewhat pretty, yet... Incomplete at the same time. You'll bloom to be a beautiful and wonderful girl."

Misaki's eyes gleamed. "Really?! Wow, that's so deep!"

"Next up is Shizuko. Shizuko means shy girl, although in the inside, you don't always want to be. You want to be someone cheerful and crazy, and you want to not be nervous all the time!"

"Wow!" I exclaimed. "You totally read me, and that's awesome!"

"Finally, there's Ryuu. Ryuu means dragon. Now, dragons have mostly an evil impression, but there are some pure dragons in some of the legends out there. In this case, you seem like those evil dragons, and you may even act like one, but in the inside, there's the warmth of a beautiful and generous dragon inside of you. You hurt yourself to protect and help others," she explained.

"That's... On the right track, I guess," Ryuu muttered.

"That's so cool!" Misaki cheered. "What does your name mean, Unmei-chan?"