Chapter 20

I sighed, looking at myself in the mirror. I wore a neat-looking black button down shirt with a white shirt in the inside and a red checkered tie. I also wore a matching red short skirt, followed by white

knee-length socks and black shoes. "Are you sure... This looks good on me?" I asked, glancing at Emi and Kina. They nodded vigorously.

"Hey. Does this look funny on me?" Ryuu asked. He wore a similar outfit, with a blue checkered tie and matching blue shorts instead.

Emi gave him a thumbs up. "Nope. Looks perfectly fine!"

"Now, the limousine arrives at 7:15 sharp, and will leave at 7:30 sharp. It will arrive around 7:45. Since now is approximately 7:27, you have three minutes left," Kairi said. "Hurry up and get downstairs, where the limousine should be waiting."

I nodded. "Ryuu, let's go!" I shouted. Together, we ran down three flights, and saw the limousine parked in front of the door. Together, we ran to the limousine.

Akumu was already inside, and she rolled her eyes. "There's not a giant X Chara chasing you, so calm down."

Emi and Kina both rolled her eyes, ready to counterattack. "Emi, Kina," I warned. "Don't."

Akumu rolled her eyes. "Acting all innocent again, I see."

"Why you little...!" Emi seethed.

"You're so dead," Kina muttered coldly.

"Emi! Kina! Knock it off!" I warned again.

"Shizuko, defend yourself already! Chara change!" Kina shouted.

I rolled my eyes. "Who do you think you are, queen of the world?! Shut up!"

"No, let me chara change!" Emi shouted. "Chara change!"

"Hey: Look. I'm sorry about saying that you aren't in the film, and I know you probably hate me for that, but you're going a bit too far!" I shouted, revealing all my thoughts to Akumu.

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever."

"We're here, Mistress Akumu and Shizuko and Ryuu," the limousine driver announced.

Akumu nodded. "Thank you," she muttered, and hopped off the limousine.

"No, thank YOU," the driver muttered.

"Thank you!" I shouted cheerfully, while Ryuu muttered, "Thanks."

The driver rolled his eyes. "Just get off." We did as we were told.

"What the hell is his problem?" Kina asked.

"Hey, don't let it bother you," I said.

As we walked into the school, I heard a bunch of people muttered:

"Who are they?"

"Dunno."

"They came outta Akumu-sempai's limousine."

"Do you think she's their friend?"

"Highly doubt it."

"Yeah, she looked pretty angry when she stomped off the limo."

"They're definitely enemies."

"Do you think they know her parents?"

"Must be."

"Wow, then maybe they'll be this year's Guardians!"

"Yeah, the Queen's Chair and the Jack's Chair IS empty, after all."

"It's been like that since last year, too."

"Shhhhhh! I think they can hear us!"

I ignored them, and continued walking towards the school. Remember, Kairi had said. Go to the Royal Garden first, and from there, your new friend will walk you to class... Just remember: you are in Star Class.

"Excuse me? Do you know where the Royal Garden is?" Ryuu asked a girl, brushing his red hair so that it revealed his face. Huh, I thought. So he did know that his face makes him look less intimidating.

The girl looked flustered at the sight of his face. "I-I'll show the way! F-Follow me!" she said, and led the way.

When we arrived, I gasped. "It's... huge," I said, fascinated. We stood in front of a huge glass building.

"It's prettier on the inside, I heard," the girl said. "W-Well then, I'll just get going."

Ryuu nodded. "Bye!" he said, smiling and waving at her. She blushed, and ran off. Together, we entered the Royal Garden.

Five words: Words cannot describe its beauty.

There was a whole garden in there, and a pathway that leads to where Akumu and another guy was sitting, drinking tea and chatting.

Akumu glance at me, then sighed. "Kyo, they're here."

The guy glanced at us, then quickly stood up. "He wore the school uniform, as well as a matching checkered blue cape, similar to the one Akumu wore, except hers was red. He also wore a pair of glasses, and had brown hair. "You must be Shizuko and Ryuu! Come on in! I'm Kyo, by the way. This is my shugo chara, Kai." He pointed at an exact replica of Kairi, but smaller, in shugo chara form. He had the same shoulder-length green hair and glasses, and was holding onto a book.

Kai fixed his glasses. "It's a pleasure to meet you," he muttered.

Ryuu nodded. "This is Yuko," he said, pointing at Yuko.

"This is Emi," I pointed at Emi. "And this is Kina." I pointed at Kina.

Kyo nodded. "Here's your Guardian cape," he announced, pulling out two capes, one exactly like Kyo's, and the other one exactly like Akumu's.

"I assume Kairi-sama already told you your positions," Kai muttered.

"Ryuu is Jack's Chair, while Shizuko is Queen's Chair. I am King's Chair, and Akumu is Ace's Chair," Kyo explained. "Come on, put on your capes."

We both put on the capes, and Kai said, "It's time to get going, or else we'll be late."

Akumu humphed. "Hope you're not in Moon Class."

I shook my head. "We're not. We're in Star Class. Kyo, can you show us the way?"

He nodded. "Sure," he said. "Follow me," he ordered, and we did as we were told.