Chapter 23

I sighed. Several months had passed without much action. Me and Misaki-chan's bond tightened a bit, and there were an occasional X eggs here and there. I've finally found out about Kazu and Aya returning into their eggs, and their eggs were found in the lunch box that I've always had put them in. This may sound surprising, but Akumu has cut off some slack and let us to loosen up. They haven't really tried to pick up a fight with us lately. Oh, and Jin turned back to normal, and became friends with the guys who had picked on her.

"Star Class. May I please have your attention?" Sensei asked, and we quieted down. "Now, in case you haven't known, we're going to have a performance. As most of you know, this will become part of the End of the Year performances. Yes, it is already that time of year. We only have a month left to practice, so listen up: We will all be singing, and there will be auditions for a leader. Now, you can volunteer to become part of the backstage crew, but the leader is required to help on backstage. Auditions will be tomorrow, the day after that, and the day after that. You are required to at least attend one of the auditions if you want to be the leader. People can just watch, and it is also better if someone auditioning chooses to go to two of the audition, even better if you go to three, and you'll get your best chances of winning of you attend all four auditions. There will also be a co-leader, who will be the person who got second place. The Guardians are automatically co-leaders, meaning that Shizuko and Ryuu will be co-leaders. You two cannot wriggle out of this position, unless you become a leader. Anyways, co-leaders will also need to become part of the backstage crew. Any questions?"

Misaki raised he hand. "Sensei, what song are we going to sing?"

"That will depend on the leader's deciding," she said. "Anymore questions?"

Everyone shook their heads.

"Ok, then. Star Class, you're dismissed."

"Shizuko-chan!" Misaki shouted.

I turned around. "What is it?"

"Wanna practice for the auditions? It'll be fun!"

"B-But I'm not planning to go-"

"CHARA CHANGE!" Emi shouted.

"Actually, on second thought, I'll definitely go!" I shouted.

EMI!

It'll be fun!

Misaki nodded. "Ok! Let's go! We can hang out in your place, right?"

I opened my mouth no, but then I realized that I now live in the Embryo Hunter's house, and I have a new kind of unlimited freedom. "Yea," I said, nodding. Might as well take advantage of my freedom before my parents find me and it's all gone, I thought.

~I showed Misaki the way to the house, and we went to Utau-chan's "mini stage," used for her practicing purposes. Utau had allowed us to use it, since she had to attend a photo shoot, and she didn't need the stage. It was still huge, on our standards... We already asked Amu-chan if we could use her art studio, and she said ok. After we practiced our singing, we'll be practicing our art skills.~

"Wow!" Misaki-chan shouted out, eyes sparkling. "This is huge!"

I nodded, smiling. "Let's start, then."

"Shizuko-chan! You sing first!" Misaki shouted.

"E-Eh!? M-Me!? Misaki-chan, why don't you go first?"

She shook her head. "It's more important for a co-leader trying to become the leader to practice than a normal person trying become a leader to practice. Just go, Shizuko-chan!"

I humphed, and crossed my arms. "Fine, Misaki-chan!"

"Hey, Shizuko-chan, don't be angry..."

"It's ok, Misaki-chan! I'll go!" I shouted, and hopped onto the stage.