Chapter 17

The dining table was beautiful. There were all sorts of food there, starting from fancy foods for people like Lulu, to plain normal food such as sandwiches and such for Kukai. Dessert was already set up, with cupcakes and ice cream, for Yaya. Everyone dived right in.

"Please help yourself to whatever foods you like," Pierre said. "I'll just be eating too." he sat next to Lulu, and then pointed at two chairs: one next to Amu, and the other one next to Yuu.

I looked over at Ryuu, and saw that he was staring at the food, and Yuko was drooling. They quickly rushed to the seat next to Yuu, and started gobbling up anything they could get their hands on.

"Well? What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Emi shouted, flying over to the seat next to Amu.

I sighed, glancing at Kina. "Wanna go?"

She shrugged. "Sure," she muttered, and followed me as I approached the seat next to Amu.

I scanned the table, realizing that I didn't recognize most of the food. Holding a silver spoon in one hand, I hastily took something that looked like a dumpling, but there was some unknown brown substance covering it. I took a tiny bite in it, and a delicious flavor entered my senses. "Mmm! This is good!" I exclaimed. "What is it?"

"Chocolate dumplings. The other day, Kukai suggested it," Pierre replied. He shrugged. "I don't know why, but it actually tastes ok."

Yuko burst out laughing. "Hahaha, chocolate dumplings! Hahahaha!"

Ryuu nudged Yuko. "Please be quiet, you're disturbing some people."

"Hahaha, don't worry! You won't disturb anyone in here," Kukai laughed.

"Well, it certainly will disturb me," Ryuu argued.

Yuko opened his mouth to say something, but at that moment every shugo chara perched. Yuko cocked his head. "What's this negative feeling?" he asked.

Ran flew up to Amu. "Amu-chan! X egg alert!"

Dia turned to the confused-looking me, Emi, Kina, Ryuu, and Yuko, and smiled. "Don't we'll explain everything later. Right now, we need to work."

"Hey guys!" Kukai shouted, flinging his arm around Ryuu. "This'll be the perfect training for this kiddo!"

"W-What do you mean?" Ryuu asked.

"Remember my special training with you chara nariing and using your powers? Well then just shout out whatever attacks, and try to defeat the X egg! Just don't destroy it... All you have to do is make it stop struggling so that Amu can purify it. We'll explain later what the heck is going on."

"You'd better," Ryuu muttered.

I just stare at them blankly. "Chara nariing? Powers? What the heck are you guys talking about?!"

"We'll explain later," Kukai said. "Ryuu, hurry up and chara nari already!"

He nodded. "Ok!" He did a strange motion with his fingers, making a rectangle out of them. "Boku no kokoro: Unlock!" The area around him glowed white, and he completely transformed. He had a pair of sophisticated angel wings, and he wore a white t-shirt, with navy blue shorts. He struck a pose, where he held out a welcoming hand and winked. He looked much, much, much, MUCH less intimidating, with his hair not covering half of his face, as it used to. He, to be honest, actually looked pretty hot like this. Only because his face was a bit cute. Nothing else. No, I do not like him. Nope. Never in my life. He's just a friend, just a friend... "Chara Nari: Friendly Angel!" Ryuu shouted.

"Ran! Are there a lot of them?" Amu asked.

Ran shook her head. "Only one."

"Guys! Kukai's right: Ryuu needs training, and this would be the perfect material. Ryuu, Kukai, Ikuto, and Utau can go, and Shizuko can watch. Ikuto will carry her. Since its only one X egg, I think that Ryuu can handle it. Kukai is their instructer, so he needs to go. Amu needs to purify the egg, and Shizuko will just watch and learn. Ikuto and Utau served as backup. The rest of us will just sit here and wait," Nagi ordered.