Chapter 10

I sighed. After a bunch of begging, I finally gave in. I am now at my house with Ryuu, despite the risks. "Ok, so first off: let's run through a test play. If we need any materials, then just ask me, 'kay?"

Ryuu nodded. "Got it," he said, handing me the script, and I read it over before it before setting it down on the table.

I turned to Emi, Kina, and Yuko. "All of you are to say 'three, two, one, and... ACTION!' Got it?"

"Yes ma'am!" Emi and Yuko shouted, with Kina muttering simultaneously, "Got it."

"Let's start then. Emi, Kina, Yuko, start whenever you're ready," Ryuu said.

"Three, two, one, and... ACTION!"

"Hello everyone, my name is Shizuko, while his-" I pointed at Ryuu. "-is Ryuu. Today we are going to perform a comedy act. This act will be called 'Hopes and Dreams.'"

"Shizuko here will be performing as a mute person... Well then, without further ado, let's begin!" Ryuu exclaimed. He turned to me. "What do you want to be when you grow up, Shizuko?"

I did my best impression of a girl holding a microphone and singing. Ryuu just scratched his head. I must have looked really funny, because he asked, "What is that supposed to be? A comedian?"

I shook my head. I took two hairbands and tied my hair up into two pigtails, just like how Utau's hair looks like, and grabbed a hairbrush, pretending to sing again. "Ooohhhh... I get it. It's a singer!" Ryuu exclaimed.

I smiled and nodded vigorously.

"Anything else you wanna be when you grow up, Shizuko?" Ryuu asked.

I nodded, than pretended to use a paintbrush and paint something. Ryuu cocked his head. I must've looked like I was whipping a lion or something, because he guessed, "A circus trainer?"

I shook my head. I took a pencil and pretended to draw something. "IT'S AN ARTIST, ISN'T IT!" Ryuu shouted, finally getting it.

I smiled and nodded again. This was just like a game. It was starting to get fun. It was like a game of Charades.

"Anything else?" he asked.

I nodded. I made a bunch of funny faces, and was just about to pretend to laugh when Emi interrupted me.

"SHIZUKOOOOO!" Emi shouted.

I turned around. "What is it?" I asked.

Emi pointed at my bag. Something was glowing from the inside. Cautiously, I opened my bag, and noticed that the source of the light was my lunch box. I opened it, and two shugo charas flew out.

The first one had blonde hair, tied back into two long pigtails with two black hairbands with a large musical note on it. She wore a tiny little microphone, just like the ones singers would wear in their performances. She wore a sky blue spaghetti strapped dress, with a white rose on it. Now that I think about it, she looks a LOT like Hoshina Utau.

The second one had dark blue hair, tied into a loose braid with a hot pink bow, which favored her left side. She wore a loose light blue hat, sort of like the ones artists would wear. She wore a navy blue smock that was plastered with a variety of colors, making her look very messy.

The first one came flying towards me, and sang, "~Hellooo!~ ~My name is Kazu!~"

The second one hid shyly behind my bag. Seeing Kazu's encouraging grin, she slowly flew in front of me. "Aya," she whispered quietly, then took out her hand.

I smiled, and shook it. "I'm Shizuko. Nice to meet you, Aya." I turned to Kazu. "Kazu as well."

She beamed. "~Let's all be a happy family!~ ~Together forever!~" she sang happily.