Chapter 44

~Some random person's POV...~

I let an annoyed sigh. I look at Caretaker with frustrated look. "Why are they late?" I fumed.

He just replied calmly as he drank his tea. "Be patient, I just called them. They can't be here in one second after I called them."

"Ugh... That's true..." I muttered.

After drinking his tea, he looked at me and chuckled lightly.

I got annoyed. ''What the hell is it?''

He replied calmly, "Well I have never would have thought that you'd help them and become the 'Devil.' It's just amusing."

I rolled my eyes. "Well, it's only because of that stupid bet with you. You'd better keep your promise: if they don't figure out who the 'Devil' is within three months I will study overseas.''

"-But if they figure you out, you'll be staying at Japan and be part of the Guardians," he stated calmly.

Ugh, I hate his carefree attitude. Please let these three months goes faster. I told him, "You'd better not let the Queen fall in love with the Jack, she'll just have a stupid heartbreak. Those two are not a good pair, they are not fated to be together."

"You saw it again?" he asked, amused. "The red strings of fate."

I nod slightly, staring at the scenery outside the window. "Of course I did. I always do."

~Shizuko's POV...~

I walk to the Chairman's office with Ryuu, Akumu and Jack. There was an "urgent" announcement, and that all Guardians must meet the Chairman in his office.

"I wonder why Caretaker-san wanted to meet us?" I asked, curious.

"I wonder too," Ryuu said.

"Didn't you hear of the rumors about the new student?" asked Akumu, in an annoyed tone. "I bet you all that it's about that."

New student? I wonder about that. What new student could be so important that all the Guardians had to meet him/her?

I sighed. I still could not let out of the girl I saw at the filming out of my head. Something about her is making me felt like I saw her.

Jack snap my thoughts. "Shizuko-chan, you're going to bump your head if you walk any further."

I stopped short, embarrassed. "Thanks for reminding me."

"No problem, Shi-zu-zu-chan"

My face reddened as I yelled "IT'S SHIZUKO! SHI-ZU-KO!"

I don't know why but for a second I thought Ryuu looked annoyed. He knock the door and Caretaker-san told us to come in. We came in his office and I saw the same girl at the filming location beside Caretaker. He got right to the point. "The reason why I called you all here is because of the new transfer student. You may have heard of her, but just in case you don't, she is-"

"Ayasaki Yoriko!" I shouted, remembering who she was. She's a really famous actress and model. I was a big fan of her.

Akumu's eye widened. "For real?!" she shouted, amazed.

Ryuu and Jack both looked clueless. "Who is she? You know her?" they both asked.

At the same time, Akumu answered in disbelief. "You don't know her? She's the same age as us but she's still very famous! Most fashion magazines have her in it as model! She also acts and most of her movies are action! Her body is so slim that every girl is jealous and admire her at the same time!"

You and Jack were slightly shocked. Caretaker chuckled. "It seems that I don't need to introduce Yoriko.'' She glanced at us with her cold eyes. I admire her as she looked so cool and cold! I was about to introduce myself. "My name is-"

"Shizuko, Ryuu, Akumu and Jack.'' She looked at each of us while calling out our names. I blinked. How did she know our names? "This idio- I mean the Chairman has told me about you guys," she stated matter-o-factly. I guess rumor was true that she was a cold person. Akumu and I stared at her, amazed.

"Well Guardians, I want you to protect Yoriko-chan from her fans and stalkers. As you know she is a supermodel and just call her Yoriko. She will be in Moon Class," Caretaker said. He walked out and left us alone.

"You're pretty." Without realizing it I said what in my mind.

"Thank you for saying such an obvious fact, Captain Obvious. I know that I'm pretty," she smirked. "I wouldn't become a famous model if I wasn't pretty,'' she stated matter-o-fact. She then looked at Akumu to show her the way to the classroom. As both of them leave, I raged. "That's it! She's a narcissist!"

Ryuu tried to calm me down. "C-Calm down, Shizuko..."

Emi suddenly appeared. "I sensed another shugo chara nearby but it was just for a second...''

Kina raised an eyebrow. "Maybe it was your imagination," she muttered.

"But I swear to god I felt it..."

Kina snorted. "Idiot," she muttered, in a voice low enough so that Emi couldn't hear, which I guess was a good thing, since they would've started fighting again.