Chapter 48

Lulu stared admiringly at the new necklace she had made for her dearest Tadase-kun. It had looked exactly like the jewels back in the olden days, when she had first met Tadase and the others. A beautiful bright red circular jewel hung on the necklace. Today was their ten year aniversity, and Lulu wanted to give her dearest Tadase-kun a surprise. Humming, she skipped towards her dearest Tadase-kun.

"~TADASEEE-KUN!~" she sang.

"Yes?"

"~Here you go!~" She handed him the necklace she had made for Tadase.

He smiled sweetly. "It's beautiful!" he exclaimed, putting it on immediately.

Lulu smiled. "It completely suits you!" she complimented. "I made this for our tenth-" she stopped in suprise when she saw a ?/Mystery Egg floating behind her dearest Tadase-kun. When the ?/Mystery Egg gulped down her dearest Tadase-kun, Lulu screamed. What on Earth was going on?! She had never put any ?/Mystery Egg energy in that necklace, not since she had to personally experience how dreadful it was to chara nari with a ?/Mystery Egg. How the hell did the necklace magically find some time to get its ?/Mystery Egg energy?!

The egg hatched. "Chara Nari: King Dream!" he shouted. "BWAHAHAHAHA! I shall rule the world!" He flew off, leaving behind a wide-eyed, really surprised Lulu behind.

~Shizuko's POV...~

"Chara Nari: Smiley Angel!"

"Chara Nari: Magic Jack!" Jack shouted at the same time as I did. We stared at each other for a second, until Jack finally decided to break the silence. "Ummm... What are we supposed to do now?"

Emi appeared next to me, cocking her head. "That's weird... It feels like Kiseki..."

"Kiseki? You mean Tadase's shugo chara?" I asked, astonished.

"Yep," Emi replied.

Kina nodded. "Definitely."

"~It's Kiseki, it's Kiseki, it's Kiseki!~" Kazu sang.

"It's called a ?/Mystery Egg," someone whispered in my ear. I whirled around, only to find the Devil.

"How do you know?!" Jack shouted. "Did you make them?"

The Devil pursed her lips. "I do not make these disgusting creatures. If you must know, they were a creation of Lulu de Morcerf before her mother regained her job as an actress."

"Lulu de Morcerf?!" I exclaimed. "You mean Tadase's GIRLFRIEND?! But she wouldn't even hurt a fly!"

The Devil rolled her eyes. "She's matured now. But back then, she would hurt just about anyone for her mother's happiness," she paused. "I guess you may assume that she believed that she was doing the right thing, but was not."

"SHIZUKO! JACK!" I heard a distant shout, and I turned around to see Amu in Amulet Heart speeding towards us, in these pink roller skates. "Listen up: The only way to defeat the ?/Mystery Eggs is to-"

"-Turn it into an X Egg," the Devil finished.

Amu stared at her. "And you are...?"

"You may call me the Devil," she replied.

Amu smiled. "Well then, nice to meet you, Devil. My name is-"

"Hinamori Amu," she finished, and bowed down. "I have heard plenty about you before. It's a pleasure to meet the oh-so-famous Joker of Seiyo Elementary."

Amu raised her eyebrow. "How do you know all this?"

"Your red string of fate is out in the open. I can read your past very easily," the Devil replied, chuckling mysteriously. She glanced at Tadase, who was currently turning everything into gold and laughing maliciously. "I need to clean up that mess, so you three just stay here," she ordered, and hopped off.

~Too lazy to write up the fight... So I'm just gonna fast-forward time... :P~

"Dream of Nightmare!" the Devil shouted, purifying Tadase's ?/Mystery Egg. She flew back to us. "My job is done here," she muttered, and hopped off.

"That girl..." Amu started. "She's... impressive."

"I don't trust her," Jack stated.

"But the Devil really is helpful, you know," I argued.

"I don't trust her," Jack said stubbornly.

I sighed. "Whatever you say..."

Well? How was it? I forgot to mention this in the last chapter, but I'm sorta busy with all these tests and all, so yea... I might not be able to update... I only updated because Misa-chan Rocks asked me to, but yea...

I might not be able to update for a while...