Chapter 24

I arrived the Royal Garden, and saw that there really was a lot of X eggs, and Akumu, Ryuu, and Kyo were in their transformations. Kyo's chara nari form, which was called Bookworm, made him look ridiculous, with him wearing a green costume, resembling a worm.

"Shizuko! Finally!" Akumu shouted, and then noticed my new transformation. "Nice outfit, now go!"

"Did you purify any of them?" Kina asked.

Ryuu shook his head. "Nope. They're too fast."

Kina narrowed her eyes. "So it IS that guy again..."

Kazu cocked her head. "~And what do you mean?~" she sang.

"Exactly one hundred fifty three X eggs... Someone must really hate us," Kina answered.

Akumu narrowed her eyes. "I suspected it. Anyways, go, Shizuko!"

I nodded. I grabbed my hair and shouted, "Beautiful Canvas!" (Ok, I'll admit that I'm really running out of ideas, and yes, I copied Amu's Colorful Canvas… :P) I waved my hair, and a colorful substance appeared from it, overcoming some of the X eggs. The substance must be gooey or something, because no matter how hard the captured X eggs tried to escape, they couldn't.

"Akumu!" I shouted. "Now!"

Akumu nodded. "On it! Demon's Bowl!" she called out. The pot appeared, and she started mixing the contents in it. She pointed at the X eggs, and shouted, "Negative Heart: Lock On!" She splashed the contents in her pot on the X eggs. "Open Heart Potion!" The X eggs were purified and flew off.

"Shizuko! Akumu! Watch out!" Ryuu shouted. The remaining X eggs charged at us, as well as Ryuu. "Angel's Hug!" he shouted, wrapping his wings around us.

"Thanks, Ryuu!" I shouted, wriggling out of his grasp. "Colorful Pallet!" I shouted. A colorful pallet appeared on my hand, and I swung it, aiming at the X eggs. "Flying Rainbow!" I shouted, as a rainbow trailed off behind the pallet. The rainbow purified the X eggs, and they circled us before flying off, back to their owners.

"Nice job, Shizuko!" Ryuu shouted, running over to me. All of our transformations were undone. "God damn, that was one hell of a battle... Until you came, of course."

"We were beaten up pretty badly," Kyo muttered.

Kina nodded. "I figured as much. That guy must hate us a lot," she muttered.

Kyo nodded. "I know. Anyways, since you all are gathered up, I guess I'll just tell you all now."

We all cocked our heads. "Tell us what?" Akumu demanded.

Kai flew up. "Kyo-sama is heading to America tomorrow for his studies. He's probably not going to come back."

All of our eyes widened. Akumu's especially. "Kyo, but who's gonna be the King?"

He shrugged. "I don't exactly know. Ask Caretaker-san."

"Who's Caretaker-san?" I asked.

"The first generation King. He founds the whole Guardian program and chooses the Guardians," Kai explained.

Akumu pouted. "But Kyo!" she whined, like Yaya. "You were always there for me! Even when I started as a Guardian!"

Kyo smiled, and rested his hand on her shoulder. "That's why you have to always be there for Shizuko and Ryuu."

Kai nodded. "Indeed. They've just begun their Guardian duty. Please take care of them well."

Akumu nodded, emotional tears in her eyes, threatening to spill. "Ok, Kyo and Kai."

Kyo nodded. "Thank you. I'm going tomorrow."

She nodded. "Got it."

Majyo flew up next to Akumu. "Bye bye, Kai!" she shouted cheerfully. "Now I don't have to organize papers!"

Kai narrowed his eyes. "Excuse me?" he asked. "Young lady, you still have a duty to fulfill. You're supposed to accompany your bearer, even at hard times. Especially hard times."

"That's what I'll do. I'll sit on her shoulder while she works."

Kai rolled his eyes. "That's not what I meant. You're supposed to go through hard times with her. You're supposed to help take some of her pain away."

"I do. I chara nari with her to protect her."

"Kai, it's ok," Kyo said, interrupting them. "My flight is today. I was going to call you all, but it seems as if the X eggs wanted to tell you guys now, so yeah. Bye, everyone."