Chapter 2

"Class, there is a new transfer student. His name is Ryuu," Sensei said. He pointed at the door, which opened, and in came a boy. He looked like a typical badass, with shoulder-length crimson red hair and a midnight black cap, with a skeleton sign on it. He was wearing a pitch black leather jacket, with matching black pants to go with it. He was chewing gum, and walked into the room without giving a care about the world. He just slightly glanced at the class for a second, then turned towards the teacher.

Whispers spread throughout the classroom. "He looks so... badass. Better stay away from this guy."

"Is there anyone who wants to introduce themselves and guide Ryuu throughout the school?"

Silence.

"Please?"

Huh. I feel bad for him. Wish I could help, I thought.

Well then, help him! Chara Change!

Suddenly, it felt as if someone else was controlling me. My hand rocketed into the air, and I shouted, "ME, ME, ME, ME, ME! Pick me, please! I'll help!"

I clasped my hands on my mouth. Everyone was staring at me. I felt so embarrassed. "I-I mean..."

Sensei smiled. "Hahaha, it's ok, Shizuko, you can help him. Thank you very much. Ryuu, please take the chair next to Shizuko."

Ryuu looked at me and humphed. Sheesh, what was that all about?! Why did I just do that?! Do I not have a brain?! I asked myself.

Lol, no. That was a chara change. That is when an individual acts like his or her shugo chara... or the person they want to be... It can happen when the shugo chara itself wants to or when the owner of the shugo chara wants to.

I sighed. So embarrassing me in front of everyone... was your own will, Emi?!

Awww, come on. This is the person you wanted to be, right? Anyways, you felt bad for him, right? So don't feel embarrassed!

I sighed. We'll talk later. I need to talk to him now.

"S-so..." I said, trying to start up a conversation.

"So...?" He rolled his eyes. "What is it?"

"N-nothing... I just... I just wanted to talk to you... You know... get to know you better."

His dark red eyes met mine, then slowly trailed off. Snorting, he muttered coldly, "Trust me, you will hate me before you actually like me."

"I-I'm sure that I won't!" Sheesh, this guy is hard to talk to.

He rolled his eyes again. "Whatever you say."

Hey... Shizuko?

I told you not to talk to me, Emi... I'm trying to talk to him.

No, Shizuko... it's important. Can you just let me talk?

I rolled my eyes. Fine.

That Ryuu dude... he has a shugo chara.

I looked at Ryuu incredulously. It doesn't look like he would have any dreams... he seems like the person whose dreams have been CRUSHED or something...

Yeah, but never judge a book from it's cover, right? Let's try to get closer to him, 'kay?

I nodded. Got it.

Chara change!

Wha-

"So, Ryuu, how's your first day of school? Was it good?" I asked, which was completely out of my will.

Emi. Stop.

He glanced at me. "Well.. it's ok, I guess."

"Do you like this school?"

Emi.

He shrugged. "I guess."

"So... wanna hang out together at lunch today? I'm guessing that since you're new here that you don't have any friends to hang out with... and neither do I! So let's hang out together!"

EMI! I shouted in my mind, trying to get her to stop.

"Sure... why not."

EMI, PEOPLE ARE GONNA THINK THAT I LIKE HIM. NOW GET ME BACK TO NORMAL! I screamed in my mind.

AWWWW... but I like talking to this guy.

Now, Emi. Now.

FINE.

As regained control of my body, the bell rang, signaling that it was time for lunch.

"Gonna eat together?" Ryuu muttered.

I nodded. "Y-yea."

"It's weird, you know..."

I cocked my head. "What is?"

"The part that you seem to have split personalities. One is shy, the other is outgoing..." he explained, then glanced at me. Sensing my confusion, he stammered, "B-but it could just be my imagination..."

I smiled. "Well.. maybe I do... You never know."

Chara change!

Oh no... not again.

"LET'S GO THEN, RYUU!" I shouted, grabbing his hand.

"W-woah..." he stammered.

"~LALALALA!~ I'M HAVING SO MUCH FUN!~" I sang, dragging him out of the room.

I'M SO SORRY, RYUU!

-------------------------------------

Well... I hope you guys like this chapter. Thank you for reading... I tried to make it funny so... yea. Bai c: