Chapter 6

Ding dong, ding dong.

I groaned, and glanced at the clock. 2:58 AM.Who the heck would ring the bell this early? I asked myself.

Ding dong, ding dong.

"COMING!" I shouted, as I slugged out of my bed and down the stairs. Emi flew next to me, nearly dragging her tiny little body.

I opened the door. "Who is-"

"Hey," Ryuu muttered. He was already dressed in his school uniform, with a leather jacket over it. He held his bag over his shoulder, giving off Hinamori Amu's "cool and spicy!" look.

Yuko appeared next to him. "Yo," he said cheerfully, waving at us. "What's up?"

"The sky," I muttered, just so that no one could hear me.

Emi, however, seemed to loose all tiredness. "What are you doing here, Yuko?" she asked sweetly. "Have you come to play with me?"

Yuko nodded. "Yep. Where do we hang out?"

"To Shizuko's room. Let's go!" Emi shouted, rocketing upstairs, with Yuko following her.

"BETTER NOT MESS UP MY ROOM!" I shouted, then turned my attention to Ryuu. "Why are you here?"

"I was just... bored."

Well then don't get bored at stinking three AM in the morning, I thought, although I didn't say that outloud. I nodded, and yawned. "You rang waaaaaay too early. Next time ring at four or something."

"Sorry... But I don't have a watch or a clock."

"You don't?" I asked, surprised. "Well then, here you go," I announced, giving him a spare watch that lay on the table, which had a dragon design on it. "Hope you like it. It's the only thing I've got. Be warned: this thing has been on this table for a long time, so it might be slow or something."

He smiled, and nodded. "No, it's good. Thank you." He looked around. "By the way, where are your parents?"

I shrugged. "How the heck am I supposed to know? I doubt that they even come home anymore."

"But they're your parents."

I shrugged. "So? They don't care about me. All they care about is their stupid money and becoming stinking rich billionaires."

"Oh... Sorry to hear that."

I smiled. "No need to be. They've been like this since forever."

"By the way, Shizuko..." Ryuu started.

"SHIZUKO!" Emi shouted, racing down the stairs with Yuko.

I cocked my head. "Yes?"

"THE CONTEST! ASK ABOUT THE CONTEST!"

I sighed. "Maybe later..." I muttered. "Right now we're busy."

Chara change!

EMI!

Sorry Shizuko, but I've gotta do this.

"Hey Ryuu, I was wondering if you could come with me to a contest. I really want to meet a famous group of celebrities, and the only way to meet them is to win a contest... One which consists of teamwork."

Ryuu shrugged. "Sure, I guess."

"YAY! THANK YOU RYUU!" I shouted, throwing my arms around him.

Hahaha, I'm outta here! Emi laughed.

"A-Anyways, what's the contest on?"

"Teamwork. Friendship. Dreams. Hopes. That kinda stuff," I explained, this time without Emi's evil controlling.

"Oh... Ok. Then what are we gonna do?"

"Weeelll... You see, that's what I was hoping that you would help us with... I was hoping that you two would get an idea."

"Oh... Well, how about we do... A comedy act?"

"A comedy act?"

He nodded. "Yeah. We can get the judges to laugh and get interested in our act... It would be pretty good."

I nodded. "Good point."

"HAHAHA! THEN LET'S DO IT!" Emi shouted.

"Emi! You're not even supposed to be in this act!"

"Awwwwwwwwwww..." Emi whined.

"No is no," I announced firmly. "I told you this before."

Yuko sighed. "Just listen to her already. Please don't fight."

Emi glanced at Yuko, them blushed. "O-Of course. Whatever you say." That did the trick, I thought.

"Alrighty! Let's get started!" I shouted.

"YEAH!" everyone cheered.