Chapter 42

Ninja Joker: -.-lll Ok so I just read some reviews, and I guess that I wasn't specific enough...

Ryuu: BOOO!

Ninja Joker: *whacks head* I meant the bolded words.. Basically this thingie you're reading right now, with the convo with Ryuu and Shizuko and the others...

Shizuko: Sorry if we caused you any worry! :(

Ninja Joker: Now, to the fanfic... Oh, and btw, I DON'T own Shugo Chara!

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Shizuko?" someone called out. I felt someone shaking me. "Shizuko?"

I groaned as I woke up from my "beauty" sleep. Not. I was sweating all over, shivering with fear. What was I dreaming about? I thought, prying open my memory, then sighing. Sheesh... I can't remember... All I remember is that it was a horrifying nightmare... Whatever...

"Shizuko!" someone shouted, and turned my head to see Amu, Utau, and Nagi.

My eyes widened. "S-Sorry, I overslept... I'll get up now..." I muttered, as I pulled myself up.

Utau stopped me. "Lay back down," she ordered.

Noticing my confused look, Amu explained, "Shizuko, you're sick. You're burning hot, and beet red. You're in no condition to be getting up."

"Don't forgot about sweating all over and shivering with fear..." Utau retorted.

"Don't worry though, just one or two days of resting, you'll feel better. You just need to stay in bed for now," Nagi said. "Anyways, do you remember what might've happened that made you catch this cold?"

I thought for a second. "Hmmmm," I said out loud, then remembered the day before. "Well I sorta got drenched..."

Amu's eyes widened. "Yesterday?!"

I nodded. "Yep. Why?"

"Yesterday was freezing outside!" Amu exclaimed.

"And if you were soaking wet in that kind of weather, there's no doubt that you'd get sick..." Utau muttered.

"Stop talking. Shizuko needs to rest. Why did you even wake her up, Amu?"

Amu shrugged. "Well I sorta just felt that she was having a bad dream, so I just woke her up..."

Nagi sighed. "Whatever. We need to let Shizuko rest. Out, guys."

~Later, at midnight...~

I sat up in bed, deep in my thoughts. I wonder if Jack waited for long... I feel bad for leaving him there...

I stared at the window, and sighed in relief. For some reason, looking up at the beautiful night sky really was relaxing. I gazed at the stars, then at the moon, then at...

The person who was hanging in my window, staring at me.'

Guess who it was?

Jack.

I screamed.

Let me tell you something: I don't normally scream, but when I do, it is LOUD.

Jack winced, and rushed over to me to cover my mouth. "Sheesh, be quiet, you," he whispered. "They didn't let me in through the front door, so I had to sneak in here through the back."

"W-Why are you here?" I demanded.

He smirked. "Do you not remember what I said?" he asked, and lightly placed his hand on his chest. "I'm hurt."

~Flashback~

"I'll be here when the sun starts setting. Don't make me wait long," he said, leaning closer to me, until his face was only inches away from mine. I blushed. "And don't make me come personally to visit you, Shi-zu-zu-chan."

~Flashback over~

Jack leaned closer to me. "Do you know how long I waited for you? You left me hanging, you know," he whispered in my ear. "How will you repay all this time?"

I blushed. "I-I don't know..." I stammered, staring into his eyes.

He smirked. "How about you make it up for me with a kiss?"

I backed up with a start. "W-What?!"

He laughed. "C'mon, you should know that this isn't really much, compared to the hours that I've waited for you, right?"

I gulped. "I-I guess you're right..."

He smirked, as if mocking my defeat. "Close your eyes," he ordered. I did what I told, and puckered my lips, ready for the impact.

Silence.

I heard a burst of laughter, and opened my eyes in surprise, only to find a very amused Jack hanging in my window. "Tricked ya!" he laughed. "You should've seen the look on your face, Shi-zu-zu-chan!"

I pursed my lips and stomped my foot in anger. "It's Shizuko! SHI! ZU! KO!"

He chuckled. "Anyways, meet me at the sunset area next week. See ya at school tomorrow!"