Chapter 21

"Class, we have two new special students," Sensei said. "I present to you: Ryuu and Shizuko."

We walked in, and they all gasped.

"They're both Guardians?!"

"But they're new students!"

"It's possible, since the Queen's Chair and Jack's Chair is empty."

"They must've been really desperate for more Guardians."

"They know the Embryo Hunters, so it's possible."

"Still. It's really unlikely to have two new students to be Guardians."

"Yeah, I mean, I've been in this school since first grade."

"But the same thing happened to Mashiro-san and Sanjou-san."

"Yeah, but they're special."

"But they were special a while after they became Guardians."

"STUDENTS!" Sensei shouted. "QUIET!" she hissed. "Give them a chance. I'm sure they'll meet your needs."

"Chara change!" I heard Yuko whisper.

Ryuu nodded, smiling and brushing his hair away from his face. "Please take care of us."

The girls all looked like they melted while the guys angrily clenched their fists and muttered coldly, "Who the he'll does he think HE is?!"

"Chara change!" Emi whispered.

I smiled. "I hope we don't cause you any trouble," I said cheerfully.

Now the exact opposite happened. Most of the boys looked like they melted while the girls angrily clenched their fists and muttered coldly, "Who the hell does she think SHE is?!" Some boys, however, didn't seem swayed.

"Ryuu, Shizuko, you can sit in the back row, next to our sweet little Misaki," Sensei said, pointing at an innocent-looking, and also a bit cute-looking girl.

She wore a sweet smile, and it fit well with her warm dark brown eyes and her matching dark brown hair, which was tied into two loose pigtails, which rested on each shoulder. She waved at us shyly, and we took our seats, with me taking the seat next to Misaki and Ryuu taking the seat next to me. Leaning over to my side, she smiled. "Hi. My name's Misaki," she said sweetly. "Hope we can know each other more."

I nodded, smiling. "Nice to meet you, Misaki-san."

"No need to be so formal. Misaki-chan is fine." (FYI: -san is a respectful way of addressing someone, and in case you forgot, -chan means that the person is close to you, or you find the person cute or endearing... And only used to address girls. Back to the story.)

I nodded. "Nice to meet you, Misaki-chan."

~After School...~

"Hey Jin! When you grow up, you want to be a fashion designer, right?" Misaki called out.

A girl, with long black hair, shook her head. "Nope," she answered.

"Eh? Then what do you want to be when you grow up?" Misaki asked.

"Well... I do hope to be a boxer. I mean, it's so exciting when you compete over strength."

"But Jin, you're a girl," a guy said, smirking.

Another guy shrugged. "And girls have no physical strength whatsoever."

"Go back to your kitchen, and make me a sandwich."

Kina clenched her fists. "Why you...!"

"Your name even means tenderness... Tough name indeed," the boys continued discouraging her.

"And not to mention that you don't have any muscles, like a boy does."

"You'll be crushed when you actually do get that once in a lifetime chance to go to a boxing tournament."

"Hey! Us girls are tough too!" I shouted.

The boys rolled their eyes. "We'll see about that. Arm wrestling time. Me and my buddies versus you, Misaki, and Jin."

"It's on!" Jin shouted.

"Rrrrgg... I can't belive those guys..." Kina muttered coldly. "Chara change!"

"Let's go, you little twerps!" I shouted.

"Hahaha, ok then, little girlie," a guy chuckled. "Me against you."

We got ready for the arm wrestle, and then I shouted, "IT'S ON!"

We started the arm wrestle, with us both struggling to win. "RARGH!" the guy shouted, taking the lead.

I rolled my eyes. "You're not a gorilla, so don't make gorilla noises," I muttered coldly. Using all my strength, I crashed his arm down with a thump. "HELL YEAH!" I shouted.

The second guy rolled his eyes. "Whatever. We can still win. Misaki, you're my opponent!"

They got ready, and I shouted, "START!" It really was an epic battle. Misaki and the other guy were fighting for not over three seconds when Misaki slumped and lost to the guy.

"Hahaha, girls are SO tough! I'm SO scared!" said the last guy.

Jin humphed. "Watch, I WILL win this wrestle."

"Ha! We'll see about that."

They go into positions, and I shouted, "START!" They fought off, with Jin in the lead.

When Jin was just about to win, the guy shouted, "Ha! Is that the best you've got?!" He slammed Jin's arm down onto the floor with a loud thump.

"Awwww, so sad."

"You let down your whole team."

"And you want to be a boxer like THIS?!"

"Dream on it!"

Jin's eyes widened, and ran off.

"You guys!" Misaki scolded. "You're so mean to Jin-chan! Can't you at least let her believe in her dream?!"

"It would've gave her a letdown if we did. We were only protecting her," they defended themselves smugly, then walked off.