Chapter 26

Days went by like a blur. We decided to sing "Glorious Sunshine" at the end, and practices went by swiftly, without a fail. We had finished the backstage stuff, and all that's left is to perform.

And today was the day. I sighed, slowly going up on the stage, with my long (and quite uncomfortable) dress. "Good afternoon, everyone. I am Star Class's leader, and Ryuu-kun and Misaki-chan here are co-leaders," I explained, motioning over at them. Misaki had won the place of becoming co-leader. "We are going to sing "Glorious Sunshine" by Hoshina Utau, and I hope you all enjoy our performance. And so, without further ado, let's begin!"

As the music started, the curtains went up, and the rest of Star Class was there. We had really done a nice job, with a lot of swirling yellow, orange, and red, representing the sun. It seemed to have brightened the whole stage.

"Kanashimi ni tsubusare sou demo sonna kao wa yamete (Though it seems as if you are being weighed down by grief, stop making such a pathetic face)

Okazari no Cheap na Pride wa sutete shimao (And cast away such frivolous things as your Cheap Pride.)" Ryuu and Misaki echoed my singing, and the harmony made it sound quite lovely.

Then the whole class joined: "Taiyou no moto de hitomi somukezu ni ikite ikou (The sun shines down upon you; come on, let's live)

Sou da yo waraitai hashagitai sunao ni (That's right; in all honesty, I want you to smile and have fun.)

Kanjirareru mabushii Happiness (I want you to experience a kind of dazzling Happiness.)

Zettai akiramenai darenimo ubaenai yume ga aru (You have a dream, so don't let anyone ever take it from you.)

Ima sugu tsutaetai tsukamitai aserazu shinkokyuu shite (Take a deep breath; I want you to tell me all about it right now, I want you to reach out and grab that dream, but I know you need to be patient.)

Taiyou ga niau yo tobikiri no egao misete (Show me a smile that's as amazing as the sun!)

BIRU ga sasu shikakui kage ni nomaresou na toki mo (When a building seems to be swallowed in the shadow of another,)

Kowagarazu shikai no mukougawa habataite ikou (You mustn't be afraid to look around to the other side, and see the future in your sight. Let's take flight!)

Fukaku kizutsuki naite naite tsukarete mou nemurenai (You are deeply damaged, you've cried and cried, and have gotten tired. But you can't sleep, not anymore.)

Kuyashikute aishitai aisaretai kodoku na (It's frustrating seeing you all alone, I want you to love and I want you to be loved.)

Nagai yoru mo kate ni naru kara (Make even those long nights fruitful.)

Dareka no koto ushiro yubi bakari sasu nante (Doing things, like talking about someone behind their back,)

Kekkyoku jishin ga nai jibun ga nai tsumaranai nigeteru dake (Eventually it becomes something trivial; as you lose your confidence, lose yourself, and just run away.)

Kinishicha DAME da yo saikou no toki tsukamou (Don't let it get to you! Seize the day!)

Glorious Sunshine!

Taiyou no moto de hitomi somukezu ni ikite ikou (The sun shines down upon you; come on, let's live!)

Soshitara megami mo higamu you na Kiss o (Go and give a Kiss that could even make a goddess jealous.)

Tokimeiteru mabayui Happiness (That's a heart-pound and beautiful Happiness.)

Sono mune no oku yuruginaki hikari tsuranuita kimi koso (You, certainly, are a person who has traveled firmly through the light found deep within their heart.)

Hontou no kagayaki no imi o mitsukeru hito (So surely you can find the true meaning of that radiance.)

Taiyou ga niau yo yorokobi no uta utaou (Let's sing a song that can rival even the sun's rapture!)"

Everyone clapped and wooted. Everyone was going crazy. Someone started chanting, "Star Class! Star Class! Star Class!" Soon, everyone else joined.

~Later, after we got off the stage and changed into our regular clothes...~

"Shizuko-chan!" Misaki shouted, charging at me. "That was amazing!" She hugged me tightly. "I can't believe it! Never in my entire life did such a huge crowd go crazy for our class! It's all thanks to you, Shizuko-chan!"

I nodded, smiling. We both walked out of the changing rooms, only to be met with a bunch of boys from our class, with huge grins on their faces. They grabbed us, and carried us above their heads. "SHIZU-KO! OUR HE-RO!" they chanted. I noticed that Ryuu was also being carried by the large mass of boys. "MISA-KI! SO PRE-TTY! RY-UU! SO CO-OL!" they chanted. "THANK YOU SO SO SO VERY MUCH!"