Chapter 14

"I'm so sorry, Ryuu!" Emi cried out. "I'm so, so, so, very sorry!"

Kina looked worriedly at Ryuu's wounds, which were now cleaned and bandaged, thanks to Utau. "Sorry," she muttered, looking away.

"It's ok. Don't worry about it." He glanced at the cuts. "They'll heal."

"Humph. In that case..." Kina sighed. "Hope they heal sooner."

"So Kina the pain in the you-know-what actually has a heart..." Emi muttered.

"Excuse me?!" Kina shouted, turning into her usual self. "What about you, huh!? You don't look so, so, so, very sorry!" she imitated Emi's voice when she said "so, so, very sorry."

"What did you say?! Of course I'm sorry, unlike you!" Emi shouted.

"Hey, can you two be a little quieter, please?" El hushed. "Utau-chan is trying to work here!" She pointed at Utau, who was currently trying to clean up Ikuto's cuts.

"El!" l shouted, side-kicking El. "Don't speak so meanly to Kina-san!"

Yuko cocked his head. "Kina... san?" (-San is basically a respectful way of addressing someone...)

Emi pouted angrily. "Oh, so now you're on Kina's side now?!"

"I always was and I'll always be." l struck out her tongue. "So what if I am?"

"Pl-Please stop fighting! Utau-chan is trying to concentrate here!" El hushed.

They all turned to her. Together, they asked, "Whose side are you on!?"

"M-Me?! I-I'm neutral..." El stammered.

"Humph. So does that mean that you're not on our side then?!" l leered.

"Nonononono! Not at all! I-I just don't like fighting and war, that's all..." El defended herself.

"Will you idiots quiet down?! I'm trying to work here!" Utau scolded. "I don't care if you guys are guests, I can still kick you out!"

"Yeah!" El shouted. "I told you guys to be quiet, but you wouldn't listen!"

"And I also don't care if you're my shugo chara, I can still kick you out! Now shut up, all of you!" Utau yelled. Then, under her breath, she muttered, "Sheesh. This is my first time treating a patient alone, and you guys aren't helping at all..."

"Kiskiskiski..." l chuckled. "El, don't mess with Utau-chan. She's in a bad mood because of... You know..." She leaned closer to the shugo charas, so that Utau couldn't hear what she was about to say. "The songs. She hates them because it's connected to her dark past... She wants to forget everything that happened before, and that X Character didn't exactly help..."

BANG!

"Hahahaha! Hey there, Utau-chan! Did you have a good day?" Souma Kukai barged into the room, a huge grin plastered on his face. Next to him was another shugo chara, with spiky green hair that had a star pin on it. He held a soccer ball, and, like Kukai, looked very sporty.

Utau narrowed her eyes. "Kukai, I'm not in the mood today," she warned. "Where's Nagihiko-sempai?"

"You called?" Fujisaki Nagihiko appeared behind Kukai. Being the older one, Kukai was naturally taller than Nagihiko. He looked at Ryuu. "Ah, so you're the guy everyone was talking about... I'm guessing you need help, Utau?"

Utau rolled her eyes. "Well, duh."

"Temari!" he called out. A shugo chara appeared. She looked very girly, wearing a kimono with flower designs and had a hair pin with similar flower designs. "Help Utau clean up Ikuto's wounds," he ordered.