Chapter 40

Shizuko: You know, I think that now that you have Jacko (Shizuko and Jack), that maybe we should have a bit Ryuuko (Shizuko and Ryuu)... What do you think?

Ryuu: *brightens up* Yeah! I think that that's a GREAT idea!

Ninja Joker: *shakes head firmly* No. Abolutely not.

Ryuu: Awwwww... Please?

Ninja Joker: Nope.

Ikuto: *walks in* Come on, give them a chance.

Ninja Joker: *nods vigorously* Of course! I'll listen to anything you say!

Ryuu: *hugs me tightly* I love youuuuuu!

Ninja Joker: *glares* Get off of me.

Ryuu: *smiles and get off* Whatever you say!

Ninja Joker: *sigh* This is really creepy.

Shizuko: -.-lll

Ninja Joker: Oh yeah, and be warned that there IS this one part where a guy takes off his shirt and all... but nothing more other than that... so yea... be warned...

----------*-------------*-------------*--------------*----

"What is it that you want, Caretaker-san?" Ryuu asked.

Caretaker took out two cards from his deck: Queen and Jack. "Queen and Jack are a bit closer."

He shrugged. "So?"

Caretaker smiled gently, and took out another card: the King. "... While the King is being left back." He glanced at Ryuu. "The King and Queen should be together, don't you think?" he asked, giving Ryuu the King card.

Ryuu stared at the card, and his hands tightened around it. "Caretaker-san's right. I need to make my move!" he shouted, and ran off.

Caretaker sighed. "The Queen and Jack are not a good pair..." he muttered, looking up at the stars. "The stars say that there'll be a heartbreak..." He took a sip of his tea. "Be careful, Guardians."

~Later...~

"-So that's why you have to help me, Amu-chan!" Ryuu finished.

Amu sighed. "Ok, fine, I'll do it. Gimme the tickets."

Ryuu fished the tickets out of his pocket, and handed them to her. He bowed. "Thank you so much!"

Amu rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever," she muttered, putting on her 'cool-and-spicy' personality.

~Later, in Shizuko's POV...~

Ryuu and I were just hanging out, chatting about random stuff, when Amu barged into the room.

"Shizuko! Ryuu!" she called out, pulling two pieces of blue paper. "These are tickets to a private boat, and Ikuto and I were planning to go, but we have an interview today, and since these tickets expire today, can you two go instead? Please?"

I smiled."Sure, why not?" I turned to Ryuu. "Wanna come? It'll be fun!"

Ryuu smiled. "Ok!"

~Later, when we went on the boat...~

"Wow, this isn't what I was expecting," I said.

Ryuu cocked his head. "Why?"

I shrugged. "Well, Amu and Ikuto are famous celebrities, so I thought that the private boat that they had would be... I don't know... Something fancy... Not like this," I said, motioning over to the boat that we were on right now, which was the old-fashioned type that you had to row and all...