Chapter 25 The Results

As we sat in the doctors office -patiently waiting for Dr Parker to arrive - I suddenly got a lot more nervous.

"Hey , it's going to be okay don't stress yourself out" Alex said rubbing my back .

I gave him a slight smile trying to hide my nerves as Dr Parker came in and took a seat.

Her face was really hard to read and I didn't know if that was a good thing or not .

An akward silience passed as she finally spoke up.

"So ,as you know we ran a couple of tests "she said as she opened my file and raised a brow."And oddly enough , I didn't believe it at first and double checked , but there seems to be nothing wrong here. I still can't wrap my head around this."

She gave us a confused look which made me even more worried . How can a doctor , someone who specializes in identifying problems not know what's wrong with me ?

"Ok ? So what now ?" I asked worried

"Well ..." she said closing my file "for now you just carry on as normal but do come back if you feel weird or not yourself " I just  nod my head, not understanding it myself . This was really weird.

As we rode home I stared out the window trying to make sense out of all of this.

"Hey,"Alex said placing his hand on my thigh as I turned to look at him.

"Isn't this supposed to be good news in a way , I mean your perfectly fine."

"Yeah , I guess but how come I felt so bad then ?"

"Maybe you had one of those 24 hour bugs "

"Yeah , maybe " I said turning my head towards the window again.

"So ... my mom  called and invited us for dinner tonight"

"Okay "

"I mean if your not feeling up for it I can tell her your not feeling-"

"No , it's fine I got to get out if the house a bit and besides I think It'll be nice to see Jenny again I haven't seen her since the wedding"

"Okay then I'll let her know we're coming over"

We drove into their driveway and the frontdoor almost immediatly flew open revealing Jenny waving.

I guess she must've been excited to see us.

As we reached her she immediatly hugged the life out of me.
"Um...I'm here too mom "Alex said

" Oh hush up , I get to see you when ever I want it's not everyday I get a visit from my daughter in law "  she said making Alex roll his eyes and making me laugh at his reaction as we entered the house.

"Where's dad ?" Alex asked not seeing him.

"I don't know , Tom ! Tom ! The kids are here " Jenny yelled , after a few minutes Mr Tatum came down the stairs.

"Hey son " Mr Tatum said giving Alex a hug.

"Hi Mr Tatum" I said giving him a smile.

"Oh , please Tiffany you're family now call me Tom " I nodded and followed Jenny into the kitchen helping her with dinner.

"So , how was Paris ?"

"Oh , it was wonderful you would think 8 days would be enough but trust me when I say it's not nearly enough time to explore such a magnificent place."

"So..." Jenny started handing me the carrots to chop

"Yeah ?"

"Any grandbabies on the way ?" I almost missed the carrot and cut my finger by her question catching me off guard .

"Oh heavens no , we haven't even discussed it yet . Besides I don't think Alex wants kids just yet."I said kind of disappointed cause I really  loved kids but I think he wants to remain young for as long as he could.

"You know ," Jenny stopped what she was doing looking at me . "Alex is way more of a family  man than you think , on the contrary I think he would love having a kid of his own if not more"

"Yeah me too , I just don't want him to be disappointed with his life when he has to give everything up for a kid you know ?"

"Yes honey , I totally understand but you know a kid brings the two of you a lot closer than you think"

"Yeah..."

The rest of the night we ate and enjoyed ourselves and went home there after , feeling so tired after the days activities .

Another update I'll try to update as often as I can while on break.

Who else thought Tiffany was pregnant ?

Show me your love by Commenting and voting❤