Chapter 30 Cry

( Alex's POV)
*a few hours earlier *

When she left my office I felt kind of guilty. I mean I know I've been super busy with work lately and haven't really payed any attention to her . But, I just have to finish one more investigation for the boss then he said he'll give me a few weeks off.

Ssometimes I just wish I could tell her what I do maybe then she'll understand , but I can't , I don't want to put her and the twins's lives in danger because of me.

I did all the research boss asked for but decided to leave the 'disposal' to Chris so I could spend some time with Tiffany for a while.

After calling Chris I went downstairs for our picnic.

I walked down and didn't see her in the livingroom, she must've went outside already so , I went outside.

Nothing .

maybe she's still busy packing.

so I went to the kitchen.

As I walked in , the kitchen floor was scatterd with strawberries.

What the heck ?

I went to pick it up and as I walked towards the backdoor - to throw the smooshed berries away-  I saw a note taped on the door.

Really she had time for games ? Sometimes I swear she's six years old.

I unfolded the note as my jaw dropped to the floor.

Don't worry I'll take good care of your princess and I'll bring her back once I'm done with her.
If , you try and play the hero again
I might just keep her for myself.

I didn't know what to do. Rage completely taking over my body and emotions.

This was exactly what I wanted to protect her from!

I took out my phone and called the only person I knew could help me.

"And , do you have any idea who it could've been ?"

"No, boss "
He nod his head as he and his men looked for further clues

"Well, all we have is this note then. Let's hope whoever we are dealing with was stupid enough and forgot to wear gloves"

"Thank you boss , you know, for helping me " I said grateful.

"No problem, you know I almost lost my Sofia to a similar situation so I'll try and help as best I can. But know this , we'll help track and find them but when we do , the rest is up to you to rescue her "

"Yes boss"

They all left and I decided to hed on up to bed , I'm no good to Tiffany tired.

As I walked in our room it just reminded me of her .

Her makeup scatterd on her vanity table, her favourite snacks laying open on the bedside table.
I walked closer , her scent on her pillow. I couldn't sleep here everything just reminded me of her .

So , I took a blanket and pillow and slept on the couch. I just want her back , here in my arms again.

Who would do such a thing to my Tiffany?

Tears started to fill my eyes and I cried again for the first time since our wedding. I think I cried myself to sleep that night hoping to find Tiffany in my arms the next morning . That this was all just a horrible nightmare.

Yes ! Two updates in one day
Vote and comment ❤