Learn To Fly (1)

Team Fuego cooked up this idea for yet another fic exchange, which we were supposed to have published in time for the 2nd AlDub Anniversary. The idea was to take a line from our fave rock songs and use it as a prompt. Hence the collection Rockiversary by the theficxchange

I chose Foo Fighter's Learn To Fly.

We'll live happily ever trapped if you just save my life

Run and tell the angels that everything's alright...

Oh. And each one of us was given a specific genre. I got 'Adventure'. I sure hope I did this justice.

Still toying if I can continue with a full fic for this. But for now, I opted to post this here. Enjoy!

//

"Keys?"

An envelope is passed discreetly on the table. He takes the envelope, looks at the contents, and places it in his jacket. He continues eating the steak in front of him, making a mental note to spend an extra hour at the gym later that afternoon. He punishes himself when he eats meat, she punishes him further when she finds out. But he just couldn't resist ordering the most expensive beef. Besides, his client can afford it anyway.

"So, same time three days from now, Richards?"

He looks at the suited man in front of him as he takes a bite. He then smirks, wiping the gravy off his mouth. This steak is really good, it's sinful. Papatayin ako ni misis nito.

"Consider it done, Mr. Agoncillo."

"Good. Enjoy your steak. I have to go."

The man stood up, fixed his suit and left the table. Two men stood up from the other table and followed. He looked at them as they exited the restaurant, shrugged and continued to wolf down the steak. Sasakit na naman ang tuhod mo! He could already hear his wife shouting in his head, but he chooses to ignore it. Besides, he will never tell her. He wonders if the smell of grilled meat will be drowned by his cologne.

//

She watches him from afar, already planning on making him pay for cheating.

Ang gago mo din, mahal. Sinabi nang tumigil ka sa kakakain ng karne. Bahala ka. Gusto mo ng karne ha, pwes, yung karne ko ang hindi mo makakain ng isang linggo.

She looks on from across the road as another car parks beside hers. She feels for the gun inside her bag. A figure stands on the passenger side of her car, taps on her window in a pattern. She clicks the lock open and a man enters and sits beside her.

"Keys?"

The man places an envelope beside him. She picks it up and looks at the contents. She puts it inside her bag, her other hand not letting go of the gun.

"I'll call when it's done."

"Three days, Ms. Dei."

"I know."

He opens the door and lets himself out. The other car backs out of parking and speeds away. She starts her engine, eyes still at the restaurant.

Humanda ka talaga sa kin pag-uwi, Junior.