chill

***FICTION***

he was waiting for her at the place where they agreed to meet. as before, they had to be discreet, what with fans always hovering and watching their every move. although it has considerably calmed down since she declared months ago about their status.

but that was then. and admittedly, they have long since made up and now, well, they're back to normal. yes, hiding and escaping was still their 'normal' thing to do.

he already smelled her perfume even before she wrapped her arms around his neck. he felt her lips on his cheek, and he had to control himself from flinging her around to sit on his lap. he waited for her to come around, grinning silly as he admired the woman he loves.

"sorry, natraffic na ako. kanina ka pa?"

he shook his head, not wanting to take his eyes off her. she looked at him and smiled.

"nag-order ka na?"

"i was waiting for you."

"wine muna?"

"anong gusto mo?"

"do you think they have that wine we drank in Como?"

he smiled at her, amazed at how their minds have become so in sync after two years of being together.

"i knew you'd ask for that. meron sila dito, nagpa-chill na ko ng bottle."

"yey!"

she scooted close to him, snuggling as if there weren't enough space on the couch in that cozy little nook of a restaurant that was off the grid.

"mahal?"

"hmm?"

"the fans are still celebrating weeksaries."

"oo nga eh."

"it's kinda sweet, 'no?"

"oo naman. we celebrate din naman, di ba?"

"yeah."

"pang-ilan na ba?"

"144th."

"wow. ang tagal na din pala."

a waiter came in and brought the chilled bottle and two wine glasses. he poured the wine and left the two of them as quietly as he came in.

"shall we toast?"

"to what?"

"to the 144th weeksary."

"hmm. yes. to 144 weeks."

they sipped on the wine and she couldn't help but feel nostalgic of their days in Italy. he noticed her frowning and knew only too well that it wasn't because of how the wine tasted.

"you wish we were back by the lake."

"well..."

"ma, yang pagkunot ng noo mo kabisado ko na yan."

"someday, mahal, di ba? someday."

he held her close and kissed her, tasting the bittersweet wine on her lips.

"yes. i promise. we'll go back someday. but for now, we relax and chill."

***

photo credit to alden's IGS