lost

F  I  C  T  I  O  N

photo credit to jude palaboy

***

"tatay, karga"

he smiled at his baby girl, as he bent low to pick her up and lift her on his shoulders.

"ayun si nanay!"

he looked up at his baby girl who is pointing out to someone he couldn't quite make out. even with his height, the people around them were just too many.

"nanay! nanay!"

he craned his neck, trying to spot the person his daughter was shouting out to.

"tatay, hindi kasama ni nanay si moses."

he frowned and for a moment his heart stopped, fearing that his son is lost. he knows they were together. just then he felt someone tugging at his jeans. he looked down to see his son.

"tatay! nawawala si nanay!"

"moses! ayun si nanay o! iniwan mo si nanay!"

he held his son's hand as they made their way through the crowd. then he felt her hands on his chest.

"nanay!"

both kids screamed, as if seeing her for the first time. she scooped up her son into her arms, then reached out for her daughter, who leaned down to hug her.

"hay naku. akala ko nawala ko na kayo."

he wrapped one arm around her waist and pulled her close, then kissed her on the lips. their children tried to squirm away from them.

"tatay, baba mo na ko"

"nanay, bitaw na."

they let their children down, their lips not letting each other go. the kids held hands and ran off.

"teka moses, huwag tayo lumayo, baka mawala tayo."

"madali lang natin sila makikita. sila lang naman naghahalikan dito."