never regret

***FICTION***

it's always her idea that makes them win. she never fails to come up with these wild and weird and fun ways of looking at the props, turning them into stuff one wouldn't normally think of. and it works. their team works well, jiving and in sync with everything.

maybe because their minds think alike.
maybe their movements are attuned like clockwork.
maybe they have memorized each other's quirks.

especially his.

so when she came up with that snake charmer scene, it wasn't necessarily new. at least not to him. for more than once they've already done that, role playing it.

she was still onstage, taking photos with fans who came all the way to the studio to greet her on this special day. he smiled as he went backstage, not that he really wanted to leave her there, but they've since agreed to lie low, so he silently made his exit. even when fans kept calling him for a photo with them. even when she turned back and saw him retreating with the rest of the dabarkads, her eyes as if asking him to come back and rescue her, for she was still not accustomed to all the attention.

he was already playing on his phone when she slinked her arms around his neck a half-hour later. the other hosts were lounging about, each having a slice of cake from each of the many that was given to her by fans. she nuzzled his neck, clinging on to him, not really minding that the dabarkads were witnessing this very rare sweetness coming from her, for it was always him who makes grand gestures of affection.

"o, ok ka na?"
"hmm."
"pagod? uwi ka muna sa condo, may party ka pa mamya."
"sama ka."
"may rehearsal pa ko."
"sige na..."
"ma..."
"don't you want to know what i'm wearing underneath this shirt?"

he heard a familiar tinkling of tiny bells, very faint but he knows what it is. she only wears it on special occassions, when he specifically requests her for a night of play. he looked at her, eyes twinkling at the promise of a very interesting and energetic afternoon.

"really? no regrets?"

she stood up, sat on his lap, arms still around him.

"never."
"eh di tara na sa condo."

***

i did a short fic prompted by the visuals of that ACTually belly dancing and snake charmer scene. took the 'challenge' from  bankingonkismet and covertmaichardfan, & posted it on twitter. still contemplating on whether i should post it here on quickies or as a stand-alone new story.