sabay

she was upset. he could tell soon as she arrived at the studio that something was bothering her. and it's not just because of the heat, whether it be the season or the negative air on social media among fans. the former he knows she easily remedies by wearing those darn short shorts or spaghetti strapped blouses (which in turn makes him upset but he's learned never to argue with how she dresses anymore); the latter, well, they've already agreed to not mind any of those for now, and just focus on what they have at the moment.

he saw her make her way to the artists' room, greeting the other dabarkads with hugs and beso, and playfully pinching baste's cheeks before settling on the couch. he approaches her and sits beside her. she scoots nearer to him automatically, and wraps her arms around his waist, trying to grab hold of whatever burger is left. she pouts.

"eeeehhhh..."

"o, bakit na naman?"

"wala na akong makurot o..."

"ito naman, alam mong pinaghihirapan kong maging pandesal yan tapos burger pa din ang hanap mo."

"sinusupport naman kita ah, nami-miss ko lang kasi..."

"sige na nga. pero sa tingin ko hindi ang lack of burger ko ang inihahaba ng nguso mo. spill. what's wrong, ma?"

"ha? anong what's wrong?"

"iba ang timpla mo pagdating mo pa lang."

"ah...eh kasi... yung prod natin kanina..."

"yung dame tu cosita?"

"oo..."

"what about it? ok naman yung dance prod natin ah..."

"hindi kaya tayo magkasabay. ang sagwa tingnan kanina sa split-screen."

"so?"

"dati naman nakakasabay ako sa steps eh. yung kanina, ang dami kong sablay. nakakayamot lang."

"it doesn't matter naman ma..."

"well, it matters to me. hindi na nga tayo madalas magkasama dito sa studio eh, sayaw na nga lang di pa tayo sabay..."

"sa ibang sayaw naman magsakasaby tayo eh."

"sus. kasi pare-parehas lang steps natin sa ibang sayaw, kabisado na natin. kaya tayo sabay."

"hindi naman yun ang ibig kong sabihin... di ba nagkakasabay naman tayo sa..."

he nuzzles her ear softly, whispering something that make her eyes grow wide and smile. she turns to him with a smirk.

"gusto mong mag-rehearse? broadway boys pa lang naman."

he quickly grabs her hand and they exit the room. minutes after, they go on air for ACTually and one can easily see how they are in sync in all their moves.