allowance

she can't help but be teary-eyed as he told the SB winner that he would provide additional monthly allowance for her. her heart was swelling with pride as he told lola about the help, and seeing lola cry onscreen as her kuyas tried to make the moment light. she felt a hand rub her back.

"uy, meng, ayos ka lang?"

luanne sat beside her as she wiped tears that escaped her eyes. she smiled as she leaned closer to one of their dabarkads.

"si rj."

she pointed towards the tv monitor in the artists' room. luanne squeezed her shoulders.

"hmm. ganyan naman kayong dalawa eh, malaki talaga puso niyo para sa mga matatanda di ba? malamang nga kung andun ka sa barangay, magbibigay ka din kay lola eh, no?"

she just smiled and nodded. luanne handed her a tissue, and as she carefully wiped her eyes so as not to ruin her makeup, since they have another segment coming up, the man whose smiling eyes never fails to make her heart flutter came in. luanne stood up and gave him a high five, even as his eyes were questioning why his girl was crying. she just shoved him closer towards her. he plopped next to her on the couch, tentative on whether he should give her a hug or just let her cry it out.

she kissed him on the cheek, surprising him.

"are you ok, ma?"

she scooted closer to him, prompting him to wrap his arms around her.

"you're the kindest and most generous man i've ever met..."

she looked up to him with loving eyes.

"...and i'm so glad you're in my life."

he kissed her forehead, hugging her more tightly.

"back at you, ma. back at you."