kuya

*** FICTION ***
(photos from papixure_ne IG)

***

it was another one of those saturdays where, amidst the competitive spirit of the dabarkads, they always end up laughing at how each one of them bend over backwards (sometimes literally) just to get the votes and cheers of the audience and fans.

of course a little hugging and lifting gives them an edge, and they easily become fodder to the screams and teasing in the studio. though it all comes naturally to them, no question there, because whether they deny or admit it, their actions, and the reaction (or non-reaction, since it's not new to them) of the dabarkads, always gives them away.

especially when their kuya jose inserts complaints masked with sarcasm.

"ano 'to, nagbuhatan lang panalo na?!"

they've learned when to take his words on-screen seriously. because in the course of two years since they've become a couple, he has consistently been the one with the honest and gut-wrenching advise. even if it did come to a point that they had to re-think their relationship.

"kayong dalawa, magiingat kayo palagi. hindi biro ang pinagdadaanan ninyo, ginusto ninyo yan, panindigan ninyo! kapag hindi ninyo na kaya, maghiwalay na lang kayo!"

and they almost did, because when it comes to their kuya's words, it can be painful but it punches them too damn hard at the core.

so when the new year came and they've been taking some time away from each other, it was no surprise that each of them sought him out for advise, with neither of them knowing that the other did so. he talked to him during rehearsal of their sunday show, basically pouring his heart out on the pain. she, on the other hand, was confronted by their kuya, because she was always the silent one, keeping whatever it is that's bothering her to herself.

"kayong dalawa, paguuntugin ko talaga kayo eh. mahal niyo naman ang isa't isa eh, alam naman naming lahat iyon. pero mga bata pa kayo, kaya ganyan ang mga napagdadaanan ninyo. pero ganun na lang ba iyon? susuko na kayo?! kaya nyo ba talaga ang mawala sa buhay ng isa't isa?! ayusin nyo yan, ha. AYUSIN NYO YAN!"

their kuya, as always, gives them a good beating. and they will always be grateful for it. so when the time comes that they will say their vows in front of the altar, they of course asked him to continue to guide them as their godfather.

and in classic kuya mode, with all that sarcasm and brutal words that they have grown to love, he tells them...

"mga hayop kayo, papagastusin ninyo pa ko sa regalo!"