breakfast

*** FICTION***

he heard his phone alert and his hand automatically reached out to check it, his instinct telling him it's from her. he came in late last night, and even while he insisted that he go straight to her place, she urged him to go to laguna and get some well-deserved rest. besides, they did have plans to spend the sunday together after his show. so he went south, enjoying her IG stories of the concert she enjoyed so much that night.

"good morning! breakfast na! gising na! may sps ka pa! 😘"

he smiled as he saw the photo of tapsilog, making his stomach grumble.

"gising na po. sarap naman nyan! but i wish i had you for breakfast. 😏"

he sluggishly got up from bed, smiling as he took his towel. then he realized the message he just sent, and quickly sent another one.

"i meant i wish you were here with me for breakfast. hehe."

he shook his head as he headed out the door and went downstairs, his cellphone on one hand, waiting for her to reply. he got worried that she didn't quickly answer, for she usually has smart comebacks.

he was met with the delicious smell of home-cooked food, and his heart melted when he saw his family waiting for him at the table.

"kuya, kain na!"

"anak, upo na, habang mainit pa ang tapsilog. special yan."

he smiled as he sat down, and began to wonder why the plating of the tapsilog looked quite familiar. as he turned his head towards the kitchen, he saw her, wearing an apron and walking towards him, plate in one hand and a glass of orange juice on the other.

"good morning, mahal."

it was great to be home.

***

thank you google search for the tapsilog photo 😊