early bird

she arrived early at the studio, anxious at how the day will go. she was up for most of the night, in spite of how tired she felt after the whole day's work. she needed to make sure that everything was just right, perfect. so even to the small detail of editing she was still on top of it. more immersed, perhaps. it was never her style to be the 'boss' anyway, she's always believed that work should never mean being above everyone else. and so even the late nights of the core team, she wanted to experience that. and the dark circles under her eyes were enough to show that she has been involved in all of it.

so when he arrived a few minutes later and caught her yawning, even while she was hunched over her laptop, going over the primer video for today's show, he had to stop himself from closing her laptop and scoop her up to lay her down on the couch, to force her to take a nap even for half an hour. he knew better than to interfere when she's in too deep in a project. he silently approached her, trying hard not to make any sound so as not to distract her. she must've felt him even before he got near, for she turned around, smiled and raised her arms, welcoming a hug. he knelt down and wrapped her in his arms, kissing the side of her head.

"you're early."

"ikaw din naman."

"i had to check the primer vid pa kasi."

"lumamig kasi agad yung bed pagka-alis mo..."

she giggled and pinched his nose.

"mamya ka na humarot. may ginagawa pa ako."

"i know. pero i'm sure everything will be perfect 'ma. ikaw kaya humawak niyan."

"hindi lang ako, ano ka ba. syempre part lang ako ng core team. but this means a lot to me, love. it's kuya jose's first directorial job, and i want everyone to see how great his work is. and syempre ng buong production."

"with my mahal in charge."

"sinabi nang hindi lang ako..."

"oo na, it was a team effort. but i'm proudest of my mahal. hindi ko naman sila mayayakap ng ganito like you..."

he hugged her tighter.

"...and mahahalikan sa tenga like you..."

he kissed her ears, which made her giggle.

"...and dito sa leeg..."

his kisses went down to her neck, to her collarbone, his hands slowly groping her thighs. she was getting weak as his lips touches her skin. her own hands went to his nape as his kisses slowly went deeper, hotter, more sensual...

...

and then the voice of their kuya loomed above them.

"hoy! ang aga-aga! itigil nyo nga muna yan! mamaya hindi yung horror ang mailabas natin kundi yang harutan ninyo eh!"

***

posted on twitter last year,  when 'pamana', the eat bulaga horror tv movie directed by jose, was aired.