Chapter 16: The Day of Golden Circles [Part 2]

" Last Week. Charlie attacked Lancelot but didn't succeed." Merlin said showing to Beca what happen last week where Charlie other arm is now made of metal.

" But how is he still alive? Isn't he one of those people exploded on Valentine's mission?" Beca ask curiously.

" That's also what I thought before but from the CCTV from that mission. I conclude that after you electrocute him, you damaged the implant. Instead of destroying him, you only manage to destroy his arms and his vocal cords." Merlin said as Beca watch the video Charlie stand up from his sleeping form and having a hard time of it and his other arm loses.

" Fuck. Shouldn't he be thanking me for that?" Beca said sarcastically.

" And now he's back for a revenge" Their Boss said which as the new appointed King said

" We don't believe so sir. We believe that Charlie might be recruited by the unknown organization" Merlin said as he turn to Roxy.

" Lancelot" Roxy turn to the two of them as she explain things she gather from Charlie.

" The last report we heard from Charlie is when he and those who work for him indisposed a body. Fingerprints removed. Teeth removed  Face recognition are removed. There's no way to identify the person's body" Lancelot summarized.

" And that thing?" their boss asked pointing to the golden circle as it zoom in the screen.

" A cosmetic that is made of 24 karat gold. It seems like where looking for underworld organization" Lancelot answer making Beca sigh. Great. Just great.

Timeskip

" Lily. Emma. I'm going to Roxy's place to discuss something. You two stay here. okay?" Beca ask as she wear something for meeting her best friend. Last year, She and Chloe get Lily and Emma a passport where they can visit England where they meet Roxy who become close to them.

" But ma. Can't we come with you?" Lily whined. They are being grounded for sneaking to come with her. Their ma forced them to call their Mom so that she will not worry and when Chloe heard about them, they are being scolded and grounded when they'll be home

" You two can't. you two are still grounded. You two go to your bed and sleep. I'll just get some wine in our cellar" Beca said.

" What do you think Emma?" Lily ask turning to Emma.

"There's something that ma's not telling the truth. What's the plan?" Emma said

" We follow her." Lily answer

" But how?" Emma whisper

" Just trust me with this" Lily said as she nudge Emma seeing their ma getting back.

" I'll be going. You two behave here and I'll be back in an hour" Beca said as she kiss their forehead. Once the door closed, they watch from the window as their Ma's car moved away the house.

" She's not here. Let's go" Lily said ushering Emma.

With Beca

Beca park her car in front of the large house as went in front door and ring the doorbell. The door open seeing Roxy.

" Hey Beca. Your here. Come in" Roxy said as she let her in. They made their way in the living room as Roxy prepare their drinks.

" So How's you and Chloe? I notice your in bad mood when you came inside the room and how are my nieces doing?" Roxy said as she face Beca.

" Lily and Emma are fine, they're actually with me. Those two manage to sneak out. Well Chloe and I have a fight" Beca said as Roxy raise her brow for her to explain what they fight about. Beca told her about Chloe being sick and the result when they visit their doctor. " I just need some space and think. I don't know if to believe her anymore" Beca said wiping her tears. It hurts thinking that Chloe cheated on her.