Chapter 27: The Day of Reunion

October 2004

Family.

The most important thing in the world. You don't define family by blood or papers. It is by the bond, the love, the support, the trust and faith they share together.

Emma may be the most luckiest person having family that never leave her and understand her. The time she brought back home, she is given a space for herself to gather her thoughts and explain everything once she's ready.

When she told her family what happen to her, how she met Nael and them went to Arizona and leave together, how she is framed up and got pregnant been in jail where she gave birth and got her child adopted. She repeatedly apologize to them for everything she did. Her mom forgave her and hug her, making her promise not to do it again while her ma has another reaction as she just keep silent and did not talk to her. Her mom assured her that her ma is hurt that she didn't do anything to protect them and blame herself. So Emma did everything to show to her ma that she still have a chance. She is also thankful to Lily who did not judge her but there by her side.

Emma is sadden and feel down that she and her ma didn't talk for almost 1 and half months that she didn't even know how to act in front of her ma. She know what she did wrong and it hurt her that her ma won't talk to her. And Chloe whose been watching them with worry decide to do something. She force them to talk to each other.

Flashback

Emma and Beca are forced by Chloe to stay in one room and talk. She guard the door making sure no one will escape. The tense between Emma and Beca can be felt around the room. Emma look up to her ma looking at the wall blankly making her sigh.

" Ma... I'm sorry" Emma blurted out as another silence from Beca making her sigh. Beca had enough and sigh frustrated.

" You already said that Emma" Beca said

" Um.Ah. I don't know what to say anymore.. I... I know what I did is wrong for not contacting you and I admit that...I... don't know what to do anymore for you to talk to me" Emma said trying to surpress her tears but failed miserably.

" Emma.... Did you even realise what you did? You just came with a man you met just a month ago. You ignore your family just to the man who now betray you. Do you know how we feel when you did not contact us anymore?We almost died with worried thinking what happen to you?! And what? He got you pregnant and leave you so you decide to give up your child to a foster home. You know how its like to be one of child to be abandoned Emma. And you did it on your own child. Do you even understand what I'm saying?" Beca said facing her daughter who is now crying.

" I'm sorry. I'm sorry" Emma repeatedly murmur. "I'm so blinded with love. I just want to feel a love that you and mom shared. I thought I have it. The child I gave up, he remind me of Nael and I can't keep him thinking it will only remind me of Nael and I don't want my child to feel unloved because of me being angered by reminding me of Nael. I don't want it to happen. I don't want your name to be in the mud because of my doings. I don't want your career to end because of me that why I did it" Emma sob as Beca sigh and her eyes soften as her daughter look up at her pleading. She approach her daughter and bend in front of her as she wipe her tears escaping from her as Emma surge forward hugging her mama.

" You should have told us. I don't care about fame and those shit. My number one priority is my family and that includes you. I don't care if I lose my job because of protecting my family. I don't want to get worried again because you are ashamed to what will happen to me. Never. Do you understand that?" Beca said sternly as she make Emma look into her eyes. Emma nod and hug her ma again.