Chapter 19: The Day She Take Responsibility

(Slow Down by Nichole Nordeman)

Here's to you
You were pink or blue
And everything I wanted

Beca eyes furrowed at the familiar voice she heard singing. The soft voice and unfamiliar song make her want to sleep more

Here's to you
Never sleeping through
From midnight till the morning
Had to crawl before you walked
Before you ran
Before I knew it
You were trying to free your fingers from my hand
'Cause you could it on your own now somehow

Slow down
Won't you stay here a minute more
I know you want to walk through the door
But it's all too fast
Let's make it last a little while
I pointed to the sky and now you wanna fly
I am your biggest fan
I hope you know I am
But do you think you can somehow
Slow down

Her eyes snap open as she blink at the ending of the song. She open her eyes meet by a brown eyes she's familiar with. Eyes of her real mother.

" Mom" Beca mumble unsure since its been a while since she talk to her mom and that's its when she admit to her who really she is. As her eyes adjust, she notice her mom eyes glisten with tears knowing what she said affect her mom clearly. She felt her mom kiss her forehead lovingly and she felt warm spread around her body.

" You have no idea how long I waited for you to see you again my child" Her mom said lovingly. Beca eyes soften as she sit and face her mom who take her hand and squeeze it.

" Is there something bothering you my child?" Her mom suddenly ask breaking the silence. Beca look at her in surprise that her mom know that something is troubling her.

" How do you know something's bothering me?" Beca ask in curiosity as her mom chuckled and caress her cheek, looking at her lovingly.

" We've met when in your dreams when somethings bothering you and I know you as child knowing something is bothering you. Now. What it is?" She ask softly. Beca smile softly knowing how right she is. After her adoptive mother died, she met her and know her better. Whatever may be the reason why its happening. It may be magic or faith but she didn't care. She glad she's able to meet her biological mother and know that she love her that she become the most evil in her realm after losing her and her father.

" Well. I have a girlfriend" Beca admitted softly not knowing how her mom would react. Her mother look at her tilting her head as Beca had a courage to look at her eyes confuse at her lack of violent reaction.

" And?" Her mother response startle her not expecting such reaction from her.

" Ah well. Are you not going to hate or freak out? that I'm gay or something" Beca said as she see her mother's face scrunch in confusion.

" What is even gay?" Her mother ask making Beca facepalm realising that her mother live in ancient and not in modern world

" Mom. A girl that is only attracted to female in other words. Attracted to same gender" Beca explain as her mom nod in explanation.

" Oh. And what would you like me to react with that?" Her mom ask.

" I mean. Some parents don't like their children to be gay cause they say its abominations or something. That guy should be with girls only. I mean, I'm gay-" Beca explain frustrated.

" Dear. Stop rambling" Regina cut off her daughter. She can see no reason why her daughter will make a big deal out of it.

" Sorry. " Beca replied shyly