6

THE WHOLE team sat in silence, in the jet.

"What do we do now?" Amara asked.

"We protect people. It's our job." Bruce replied.

"I go back to London tomorrow." Diana says.

"And I go to Metropolis." Clark remarks.

"Barry and I go back to Central City." Victor tells the team.

"Like always, I go back to Gotham."

"I guess I'll stay in Gotham." Amara said. "I have no home now."

"I might stay in Gotham for a little while, before I go to the Iceland again." Arthur says, while looking at Amara.

"Can I have this?" Amara asked Bruce.

She was holding a bottle of whiskey in her hand.

"Sure."

She didn't even waste a second. She just opened the bottle and drank half of it.

"Easy there." Arthur said, but she didn't care, she just kept drinking.

Barry had fallen asleep on Victor's shoulder, but Victor wasn't asleep. I mean, he's not fully human so he doesn't need rest.
Bruce was controlling the jet in the front, and Diana sat in the seat next to him; asleep. Superman had just fallen asleep as well.

The only ones awake were Bruce, Victor, Arthur and Amara. Bruce wasn't paying attention to what was happening in the back though.

The Indian girl finished the whole bottle and set it aside.

"My throat burns like a bitch." She mumbled.

"You need to stop." He says, holding her wrists.

"Nah, I'm good."

"And what did you mean by you have no home anymore? We were just at your house in Punjab."

"I got someone to burn the house down." She said, and then burped.

"You what?"

"Yeah. I have nothing now!"

"You're goddamn crazy."

~

It was the next morning, and they all arrived at Bruce's estate.

Amara has knocked out, and wasn't waking up; so Arthur carried her inside.

"You guys have something special." Diana said to Arthur, as he set her small body down on the couch.

"We're just friends, I guess." He replied, nonchalantly.

"You don't see it, but everyone else does."

Two hours later, Amara woke up, in a flash.

"What the fuck? Where am I? How'd I get here?" She said, throwing the blanket off her.

"You're in Master Wayne's mansion, Mrs. Subram." Alfred said to her, while putting the blanket back on Amara and set a tray to her right.

The tray consisted of eggs, bacon, toast and coffee with cream and sugar on the side.

"Ohh. Sorry for the noise. And thank you for the breakfast." She replied with a smile.

Once Alfred walked away, she started eating the breakfast quickly, as if she had never had food in her life.

After she finished her food and the coffee, she went downstairs; where the team was playing Jenga.

"No, no, no, don't take that one!" Victor yelled at Clark.