37

(The beginning of this is still Amara's flashback).

ANDROMEDA WORE the finest clothing for the ceremony. The gods were completely ready to give fractions of their powers, gifts and abilities to the warrior. They had seen her heart of gold and fighting spirit. They saw how she treated everyone around her. She was a leader. She understood combat and military tactics, making her perfect to lead their armies.

The gods and goddesses of Olympus stood around in a room, which was big and circular, with tall stone pillars holding up the roof. Walls painted bronze in color, the floor polished and buffered to give a slight shine. And chairs for each godhood members to be seated as Zeus assumed the position in the middle to represent his status.

"You may come in now, Andromeda." Zeus, King of the gods, said out loud and Andromeda was escorted inside the grand room. She walked in, staring at the beautiful architecture.

She walked up to the center, where all celestials could bear witness to the warrior that would be given these gifts as they watched. Once at the center floor, Zeus then stood from his chair and opened his mouth to speak.

"Andromeda, do you know why you are here today?" He asked, his bright blue eyes meeting her hazel ones.

"Yes," She replied. "I do."

"Then you know what must be done." He stated rather than questioned.

"Yes. I am ready."

"Do you know why the gods and I are giving you a portion of our abilities or gifts?" Zeus asked, getting up from his throne.

This scared Andromeda, but she kept her composure. He was giant-like.
Before she could speak, he continued.

"With these powers, you will protect the humans. They cannot protect themselves. You will keep them save from harm. You will lead them into good things. When the gods and I no longer rule, you will. You are and will be our direct daughter. I have seen your heart of gold. You are fit to protect. And you will not die until your task of protecting earth is complete. We will not allow this. The gods and I will live in you, leading you to do righteous things. You are better than them, Andromeda. You are good."

Andromeda nodded, feeling proud of being the first direct daughter of the gods. Unbeknownst to anyone, Zagreus watched in a small corner. He envied the attention all the gods gave to her, even his father.

"I will gift you with my strength and might. And my lightning powers." Zeus started.

One by one, each member bestowed their gifts to Andromeda, and when the last power was given to her by Hades, she struggled to adjust to these new abilities that were obtained. With a fierce determination to win the struggle, she managed to handle the intense powers she received. She fell to her knees, panting loudly as she took in this new feelings. She could feel the powers in her veins.

Andromeda slowly adjusted as the gods as goddesses watched on with anticipation and awe. Zeus smiled slightly, waiting patiently and hopefully.

"I-I'm okay," She stuttered.

Slowly, but surely, Andromeda started to breathe more easily and the power surging in her body settled. She stood up, her eyes glowing all sorts of colors.

"She will protect this earth. I feel it in my bones." Athena said to Zeus.

Zeus gave a side glance in her general direction and smiled, "As we all do, Athena. Her heart is committed to it."